Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

People on ebay !

I purchase a lot on ebay, i'll make offer or buy outright, I dont often actually bid.
Yes I can play hardball with offers, sometimes it works, sometimes not, its all fair and above board.
If an offer is accepted or I buy outright I pay there and then.

On this very rare occasion I listed something for sale.

I had some tyres I took off my old car from new, they had covered under 400 miles (closer to 300 TBH) and had been stored in my garage on and under tarpaulin since.
I made it an auction, but also added a "make offer" button.

I also clearly stated collection only.

Twice I have accepted an offer,(4 tyres for well below the price of one brand new) twice they changed their mind for whatever reason, one failing to tell me until the day before his payment deadline.

And why do people message me asking what I will sell for, or if I can courier ? 

I thought it self explanatory,  you make what you feel they are worth to you, and I will either negotiate, say no or accept, not rocket science is it ?
Or you put a bid on and hope for the best, there is no reserve.

Yet to discover my fees, but I better not be charged for the 2 failed sales !
[+] 1 member Likes Savage GT's post

I used to buy on EBash. I bid on 5-cars from the same seller. He wiped out my bids and then prevented me from bidding on his items in the future. Upon first asking him why? The seller responded "I don't think you're going to pay. Then I'll lose the sale of those cars". I called him crazy among other things. Stupid people frustrate me.

I asked EBash tech people if that was standard procedure to give that kind of prejudice power to a seller? They suggested to bid at the last moment and pay quickly in the future. But they can't reverse his prejudice descision. I told Ebash that they can go buck a fuffalo. I won't bid on anything now. Have I lost anything because of it? Nope. I can buy what I want elsewhere. I've been around long enough to figure that out.
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post

Set up the buy it now option so that instant payment is required.
[+] 2 members Like Serpico's post

When I want something I only use a sniper app ;)
[+] 1 member Likes Anthony B's post

(23rd-Jan-23, 07:06 PM)Savage GT Wrote:  <snip>

I made it an auction, but also added a "make offer" button.

And why do people message me asking what I will sell for, or if I can courier ? 

I thought it self explanatory,  you make what you feel they are worth to you, and I will either negotiate, say no or accept, not rocket science is it ?
Or you put a bid on and hope for the best, there is no reserve.

Yet to discover my fees, but I better not be charged for the 2 failed sales !

1. You utilised too many buy options, do one only. 
2. People don't read, be it they don't know how to read or are simply just bloody lazy, look at social media, people would rather create a post wasking what is the phone number for XYZ Business rather than going and searching the XYZ Business details directly via a search engine, LAZY MUCH people???
3. I blame all this crap on society and bubble wrapping and holding the hands of eveyrone... society has become stupid and beyond lazy...

[+] 3 members Like Johnno's post

Some of those find their way onto one of the Slot forums, sign up then start asking questions straight away without
  • reading anything first and/or
  • using the search function
Like you said

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers

My pet peeve is people who don't know how an eBay auction works.

You decide how much you are prepared to pay and you make a bid for that amount. If you are highest bidder you win.

So some people come along see the auction is at $10 and they bid $11 and then $12 and then $15 and they make about 10 bids trying to work out how much you bid until they are in the lead. I mean just bid what you want to pay and if it ain't enough either decide you are happy to pay more or move along, better luck next time.

I got peeved by a person doing that with 5mins to go in the auction once so kept bidding against him pushing how much he had to pay up. I also had someone do that and they missed the win by a few cents LOL

'people on ebay' that are getting mates to push the price up and when you stop bidding you get a 'bid retraction' message saying you're now the high bidder

'people on ebay' that just cancel their listing because they sold it elsewhere and you receive a 'bid cancellation notice'

'people on ebay' who advertise knackered old incomplete cars as 'RARE'

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

(28th-Jan-23, 10:57 AM)Kevan Wrote:  'people on ebay' that are getting mates to push the price up and when you stop bidding you get a 'bid retraction' message saying you're now the high bidder.

Land based auctions are bid dependent - person with fattest wallet wins. Ebay auctions are time dependent - person who puts in last highest bid before time expires wins and this needs a totally different approach to a land based auction. There is no point bidding on any eBay auction prior to the last five seconds as you are just giving others the opportunity to raise the stakes.

I always use a snipe tool. I decide the maximum I am prepared to bid for any item, load that into the sniper and forget about it. I then get an email when the auction ends, win or lose. If I lose I don't care because it has gone over my maximum and there will be another one along soon. A win is often at well below my maximum bid because I haven't given anybody the chance to drive the price up by constantly bidding in small increments.
[+] 4 members Like CMOTD's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post