Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Rally Cars Slotting Proxy - Official Results & Reports

Two huge video files have been uploaded to youtube, it took about 26 hours!!!

I've spent a few hours this evening going through part 1 and putting timelines in so you can quickly select your car, I'll do the other video tomorrow as it's not a quick job.

I did this because once done it's there for years to come.

Like I said the other day it's warts-n-all.  Mike has kindly put an intro at the beginning.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 3 members Like Kevan's post

If you open the video on youtube I've put a list of cars and timeline in the description with the video.

[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

Looks like you guys shave a slew of tracks in one location.. That’s so cool!!!! Thank you and Andy for running the round and thank you for the overview of the cars and of course the video you provided on both tracks.  I continue to be impressed by the true rally cars and the old Jaguars…. Graham, thank you again for providing a great platform in which we get to participate in your proxies.  It is greatly appreciated by us all.
[+] 1 member Likes Brumos RSR's post

Looking back now I really enjoyed the whole process, the preview, the intense afternoon of driving and the report afterwards...now I can enjoy watching it like everyone else.

Your BMW has fantastic potential, it's just let down by basics really, it did not like right handers at all!!! and that's because the left tyres were rubbing the wheelarches causing the wheels to drag really badly.

We have three tracks in that room, two Rally stages and a 3 lane race track.

(28th-May-23, 12:58 AM)Kevan Wrote:  Looking back now I really enjoyed the whole process, the preview, the intense afternoon of driving and the report afterwards...now I can enjoy watching it like everyone else.

Your BMW has fantastic potential, it's just let down by basics really, it did not like right handers at all!!! and that's because the left tyres were rubbing the wheelarches causing the wheels to drag really badly.

We have three tracks in that room, two Rally stages and a 3 lane race track.

That BMW was built in 40 minutes on a Friday night from leftover parts. What made it worse I cracked the pod I knew was square in my haste and needed the car to go out within the first hour of the Post Office opening.  No track here to test on either and measurements were waaay off everywhere.

M1 is a big beast on a tight rally stage but I love them.

(27th-May-23, 11:08 PM)Kevan Wrote:  Two huge video files have been uploaded to youtube, it took about 26 hours!!!

Great video, Kevan. I heard someone wondering what the motor was in the 6R4. It's a Boxer 2. Basically, same running gear under both the Saxo and the 6R4, seems to work well on a short wheelbase car.
Cheer Chris
[+] 1 member Likes classicchrisk's post

Here's the other video.

All the cars are seen but not all four runs.  Mike had gremlins which he can't explain, he had to trim some of the video as it was blank.

Nonetheless, it's now there for all to see for years to come...hopefully one of more Rally Proxies we will hold.

[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post

(28th-May-23, 08:57 AM)classicchrisk Wrote:  
(27th-May-23, 11:08 PM)Kevan Wrote:  Two huge video files have been uploaded to youtube, it took about 26 hours!!!

Great video, Kevan. I heard someone wondering what the motor was in the 6R4. It's a Boxer 2. Basically, same running gear under both the Saxo and the 6R4, seems to work well on a short wheelbase car.
Cheer Chris

Yes you can just see the edge of the orange label, I thought it was a Slotit Boxer, lovely power delivery, not too fast, gives you confidence to push hard without shooting off a corner.

[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
11th-Mar-24, 08:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM