Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Controller holder by J May

I recently decided it was time to get some holders to stop me putting the controllers on the track and running over them with the cars. There are plenty of designs for home-made ones about but I am too lazy to make my own and the commercial ones I found were either not suitable or the suppliers were located outside the UK with attendant high postage costs so I asked John May if he could 3DP some for me.

Helpful as always he designed, printed and posted them within a week.

They can be mounted horizontally (the best position) or vertically with simple screw fixings and my controllers are now safely stowed away from marauding slot cars.

Verdict
Does what it says on the tin, a handy bit of kit. Recommended and good value at £3.50 each plus postage.They were tailored to fit my TruSpeed controllers but John can always tweak the dimensions to suit other ones if you ask him.

P.S. If you own a 3D printer then John has generously provided the STL files for this. LINK
[+] 9 members Like CMOTD's post

Definitely want a couple of them  such a great idea ??

Clever, compact design. Nicely done. :)

Exactly what I've just been thinking about making, I might borrow that file and get a friend to print me two off.
Thanks for alowing the file to be avaliable. Thumbup

No good for thumbsters like me Cool

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen

Bernie (Qman),

Can always create a thumbster version, just need some pictures and dimensions....

Cheers
           Jmay/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GregK
30th-Aug-20, 06:58 AM