Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TruSpeed Controller Spec Differences

I was casting my eye over the range of Truspeed analogue controllers the other day, and it got me wondering about something...I can see that the top of the range MT II and the PWM II controllers have all the bells and whistles a race driver could ever need, but it was the other two lower spec controllers that puzzled me.

The BP II Transistor controller and the  MT I Mosfet/Transistor controller have the same two external sensitivity/brake adjusters, so what difference does the internal electronic architecture make in terms of user perception/car control?

I love puttering with gears

Did you compare the two specs and customer reviews?

https://www.truspeed.co.uk/collections/a...controller

https://www.truspeed.co.uk/collections/a...controller

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

Yep, that's why I'm here.

Maybe it's more of an observation than a question, but I was intrigued by the hybrid spec of the MT I, i.e...

BP II - transistor drive, transistor braking
MT I - PWM drive, transistor braking
MT II - PWM drive, PWM braking

Who knows...Steve Hills  Thumbup

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post

Good morning gents.
Thanks to Brian Rogers for alerting me to the forum topic. Thumbup
The MT I and BP II have similar characteristics but are sufficiently different to have ended up being popular for different reasons. 
The website has a pretty detailed explanation of the features including current handling capacity and the basic difference between DC voltage and PWM for speed control. 
Rather than copy and paste all that onto here, I'll give you links to the pages on the website. 
MT I 
BP II
Regards,
Steve
[+] 3 members Like Steve Hills's post

Thanks for the response Steve.

If I could ask just one nerdy question as a non-electronic geek, the answer to which I don't think I can find... 

From a user's view point, what is the difference between transistor braking and PWM braking?

[+] 2 members Like BARacer's post

(19th-Oct-22, 09:59 AM)Steve Hills Wrote:  Good morning gents.
Thanks to Brian Rogers for alerting me to the forum topic. Thumbup
The MT I and BP II have similar characteristics but are sufficiently different to have ended up being popular for different reasons. 
The website has a pretty detailed explanation of the features including current handling capacity and the basic difference between DC voltage and PWM for speed control. 
Rather than copy and paste all that onto here, I'll give you links to the pages on the website. 
MT I 
BP II
Regards,
Steve
Hi Steve,
I'm the happy owner of a MT I for about 1 year now Thumbup

In 2 weeks I'll run the "24 Heures de Cognin" in France and I was afraid to read that this club doesn't allow your MT II Controller due to "the braking technology that gives an advantage" to the driver
Do you agree ?

Have to say that I really hope that I'll be allowed to use my MT1 for this race Sweating ...

Regards
Fred
[+] 2 members Like Fred's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by CMOTD
2nd-Dec-22, 09:44 PM
Last Post by Anthony B
25th-Nov-21, 01:28 PM
Last Post by OXO cube
24th-Nov-21, 08:30 PM
Last Post by CMOTD