Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Info Paul Gage Tyres - UK supplier

Paul Gage is a well known supplier of excellent urethane tyres. He has an extensive range, including many that other suppliers do not make. The downside is that he is based in Canada, only sells via eBay and the postal charges are astronomical thus making it financially unviable to buy from him if you are UK based.

However, there is now a UK stockist -  Slot Car Supplies of Wales run by Gareth Rees. LINK

He doesn't stock the entire range but I have found him helpful in importing some rarer types on request. Usually a bit of a wait but they do turn up eventually. Well worth a try if you are looking for that hard to find type of tyre.
[+] 6 members Like CMOTD's post

I've been buying from Slot Car Union in France, postage is very reasonable

Any lessons on how to determine correct tyre size for a given wheel?

I love puttering with gears

https://slotcarcorner.com/pages/paul-gage-tires

The www.slotcarcorner.com link will take you to Paul Gauge the chart should also help

21125 XPG would be an example of a PG
21 mm in diameter 12mm wide with a center rib opening of 5mm in a 20 shore compound

Hope this helps
[+] 3 members Like Brumos RSR's post

Cheers Brumos...I thought I had seen that somewhere.

I love puttering with gears

I still don't understand it....it's got numbers on it. I don't do numbers.

I too buy from Slotcarstyres and he has nice pictures of the car alongside the tyres. A dummy like me can understand that as it reflects my reading age Bigsmile

(18th-Sep-22, 03:08 PM)Gordon Steadman Wrote:  I still don't understand it....it's got numbers on it. I don't do numbers.

I too buy from Slotcarstyres and he has nice pictures of the car alongside the tyres. A dummy like me can understand that as it reflects my reading age Bigsmile

That's no good when you have a set of alloys that you're wanting tyres for, diameter + width + rib width seems simple enough, just measure your wheels.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

Gordon, use the link, you can pick based on the car your wish to re tyre.  PM me if you need additional help.

(18th-Sep-22, 08:11 PM)Kevan Wrote:  
(18th-Sep-22, 03:08 PM)Gordon Steadman Wrote:  I still don't understand it....it's got numbers on it. I don't do numbers.

That's no good when you have a set of alloys that you're wanting tyres for, diameter + width + rib width seems simple enough, just measure your wheels.

He does have a section with measurements as well that I have used for some wheels my brother in  law made me. But again, there are diagrams with the dimensions to help dummies like me.

I just like things simple.

(18th-Sep-22, 09:53 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote:  Gordon, use the link, you can pick based on the car your wish to re tyre.  PM me if you need additional help.

Thanks, but as I live in France it makes sense to use Slotcarstyres. I have been tempted to try some Paul Gage tyres but I'm not sure they will be any better. Now I'm more home based because the the dumb place we have chosen to live, it's not too important.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by CMOTD
10th-Jun-22, 10:03 AM
Last Post by Top Down
24th-May-22, 08:36 AM
Last Post by munter
12th-Apr-22, 08:23 PM
Last Post by Top Down
7th-Dec-21, 09:43 PM
Last Post by munter
13th-Jul-21, 09:51 PM