Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rally Cars Slotting Proxy 2023

(21st-Nov-22, 07:37 PM)Kevan Wrote:  Some would say just stick to 'real' Rally cars but they didn't exist before Lancia designed the Stratos in '73.

Rally is one of those sports that doesn't have a distinct definition as there's different types...even Rally trucks in Estonia

Real rally cars didn't exist before the Stratos? Harumph. Tappingfoot

You could argue that before the Stratos, every car could be a real rally car, and fabulous though it undoubtedly was, the Stratos could be seen as the beginning of a slippery slope which led to rally cars bearing no relation to the cars that we actually drive. I may be old fashioned, but I miss those days.
[+] 1 member Likes JasonB's post

Yes you're right but the Stratos was the first car designed specifically for Rally...as you say the slippery slope followed...

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers

(21st-Nov-22, 07:19 PM)Kevan Wrote:  
(21st-Nov-22, 06:12 PM)Qman Wrote:  So is it allowed or not?

If not how about a Boss Mustang?

I'm looking for a shell that I already have to fit a Slot-it chassis

Which Mustang?...there's loads, the '65 notchback definitely did.

The '69 Mach 1 Mustang won the SCCA Manufacturer’s Road Rally Championship in '69 & '70

[Image: mustang-rally(14)20180718172225]
Yes I am happy with this, during these years the SCCA staged this Manufacturers Rally as part of the as then International Manufacturers Rally Championship.But the car you enter should resemble a Rally car in appearance and not just a “off the shelf “ Trans Am car. And must have a driver and navigator.
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post

...and at least two Rally plates

My Mach 1 Mustang as entered in our ProStock Classic Rally Class

[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

Very cool looking car, Kevan. Nicely done.

The real 1:1 Mustang pictured above is actually a 1970. The wheels, front marker lights, and lack of scoops behind the door handles are the tell tale signs that it's a 1970.

All 69 Mach 1's had side scoops in the rear quarter panels. 69 Boss Mustangs did not. 69 Mustangs had no marker lights on the front fenders.

All 1969 Mustangs had a 4-headlamp system. All the 1970's had a 2-headlamp system.

How do I know this useless info? I was lucky enough to have owned 2-Mach 1's in my youthful days. Yep, I'm an old fart. I wish I still had those cars today.

[+] 4 members Like KensRedZed's post

These photos must cover both years they competed in the Rally championship, all from the same website article:

[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post

Kevan. They all look amazing!

There are a few books that state that the 69-70 fastback Mustang was the peak of Ford's R&D designs. I tend to agree.

More useless info...

The 1969 Mustangs had raised tail light lenses.

The 1970 Mustangs all had recessed tail lights. The 1970 Mach-1's had an added plastic honeycomb insert between the tail light lenses.

[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post

I just saw on another forum the Pioneer Mustangs are '67 & '68...the 3D resin printed one I have is the '65

[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
21st-Nov-22, 04:58 PM
Last Post by Makem
22nd-Sep-22, 09:37 AM