Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3DP chassis query

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know of the availability of a 3DP chassis for a Powerslot Nissan 350Z please?

I bought one a while ago that had been home-modded to take an inline pod but :

a) the pod is slightly misplaced so the rear wheels aren't centred in the wells.  
b) so much material was removed that the original chassis is cracked anyway.

Prefer UK availability if such a thing exists. Also I'd need to buy the ready printed item as I have no facilities to print one myself.
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post

(1st-Aug-22, 09:21 PM)Top Down Wrote:  Bit of a long shot but does anyone know of the availability of a 3DP chassis for a Powerslot Nissan 350Z please?

I bought one a while ago that had been home-modded to take an inline pod but :

a) the pod is slightly misplaced so the rear wheels aren't centred in the wells.  
b) so much material was removed that the original chassis is cracked anyway.

Prefer UK availability if such a thing exists. Also I'd need to buy the ready printed item as I have no facilities to print one myself.

One does indeed exist because I drew one up.  It's for a SlotIt SW pod and goes rather well!

...pm if interested, it's not available as a download but I can print one for a fee  Thumbup

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post

Wavegreen PM'd

Fast forward 60 seconds...

Doug, here's the answers to your questions.

Quote:1) What is the curious black bit ahead of the guide carrier - opposite end to the body posts/spacers on the separate sprue?

2) Should the flat 'sills' on either side be cut back to the edge of the side rails, as the body sits too high with them in place but they might be serving a purpose I'm not aware of?

I think that's it for now, other than to say thanks - and I like your sliding guide holder idea. Very neat.

1) I knew you'd miss my note about that bit.  It's an optional centre pivot that I prefer to use without the front two screws. It's glued onto the chassis to stop the front of the pod lifting but allows the pod to float freely if you use damping tape under the chassis.

Here's one I did for a George Turner AC Cobra, although this is a SW setup it's the same use.  I made this one first but the car currently has an IL setup for our class rules, I haven't tried the SW setup but it'll be quicker as it's 4mm wider overall.

2) No, the body sits on those, trim the body posts so they're just long enough to allow the body to sit a few thou' above the sills.  Here's my 350Z

3) thanks  Thumbup Thumbup

[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

A quick note I forgot to add, the front axle height screw holes are for 2mm grub screws.

[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
20th-Nov-21, 04:22 PM
Last Post by AdeC
14th-Aug-21, 01:33 PM