Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ryan Stone TQ Memorial Build

Keep hold of them Tony.

When the planets align and we finally get you down to Bolwextric they will be very useful. And I don't think they are easily obtained any more.
[+] 1 member Likes Mr.M's post

(17th-Jul-22, 09:54 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  Hello Tibbs,
The sprung guides are appreciated by rally enthusiasts where they help absorb any (deliberate) bumps in the track. I don't mean "Raid" type events where a drop-arm is essential, just a normal rally special stage.
If you really do not want the Ninco guides, I will happily buy them from you.

Leo

Hi Leo,
thanks for explaining what they're used for, I've got two older scalextric rally cars.
They don't run great so I'm going to try these on them.

Cheers

(17th-Jul-22, 10:51 PM)Mr.M Wrote:  Keep hold of them Tony.

When the planets align and we finally get you down to Bolwextric they will be very useful. And I don't think they are easily obtained any more.

Hi Jim,
Cheers, hopefully it's coming along ok from the damage.
Do you think Tony would let me try this car on his track at the end of a session to see how it really runs?

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=24955]

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

(18th-Jul-22, 09:53 AM)Kevan Wrote:  [Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=24955]

Thanks to the help of you guys  Thumbup Beer
[+] 1 member Likes Tibbs's post

I've got a little more progress on the Midget after being on a overdue holiday for a couple of weeks.

I was going to try and make the front body work from styrene but didn't like it so I dug out the balsa wood.
I love working with this stuff.

I got it all carved up and then realised I'd got the back section angle wrong, so I cut a wedge and glued it in.

It fits quite well.

Next step will be the side panels on the top frame sections, I think I'll use styrene for these but not sure how I'll fix them yet as the need to be bolted some how, I think I've got some small enough bolts but whether I can drill through the frame I'll see.

Cheers for looking.
[+] 1 member Likes Tibbs's post

Hi guy's,
I've finally finished the dry build of my midget, just need to make the shocks.
I made the side fairing thing from balsa and glued it onto a thin bit of styrene then glued that on to the tin body panel.

The next bit was a little fiddlier than I anticipated.
The top fairings, I was going to glue them once painted but wanted to be able to remove them so I decided to drill them and fit with some tiny nuts and bolts I brought.
Two of the holes I broke two drill bits, it took ages to get them out but I got there Tappingfoot Rofl
These fairings will be carbon fibred so the bolt heads will look quite smart I think.
The front one has to bend slightly over the frame so I made that from thin tin.

I made the leaver arm that comes out the body and bent some brass tube which I put a eyelet in the ends for fixing points.
Ones screwed to the chassis under the front wheel.

Overall, I'm really happy how she's turned out.
Looking forward to paint and I've also got to draw up the logos etc for decals.

Cheers
[+] 5 members Like Tibbs's post

I managed a bit of time in the shed to start the painting, although only black undercoat on the main chassis and frame, seat, steering wheel and gear lever.
All these bits are going to be a Ali colour, the exhaust will be ali and stainless.

Here's the rest of the midget waiting for white undercoat and the crash bars will just get polished as they are stainless.
I met a guy at Havant swapmeet who said he does decals, he's local to me so I gave him a shot.
They haven't turned out too good, mainly where there's white. It's like it's moved when printing.
He didn't charge me as he wasn't happy with them and couldn't get it to work properly, it's a shame as the colours are good.

I'm going to think it if I'll use them, if not I'll send the files to C & C as I know his come out good.
The weather is suppose to change over the weekend so I'll hopefully be able to crack on.
Cheers
[+] 3 members Like Tibbs's post

Hi Guy's,

I'm nearly finished.
I've made some little seatbelt nets that protect the driver, I made these from cutting stripes of masking tape and painting black.
The little seatbelt buckles are from SpotModel.

I got some decals printed from a local guy I met at Havant Swapmeet, I gave him a go because he was close but I'll be using C & C next time.
They're not the best but I can live with them.

The last parts to make were the little shocks.
These are very small and fiddly but I'm pretty pleased with them.
The small nuts and bolts from Prime Minitures are awesome, I cut the ends off and glued the bolt into the chassis and then the shock fits on and the nut keeps them in place nicley.

I used Tamiya Clear Red, the paint for lights and it came out quite close to the red off the original midget.

I need to remove the decal which is the Crews names as it's started to come off, I've since found out that because I didn't use any decal solution on it, it hasn't taken and it's reacted to the clear coat.
I've got to paint the driver but apart from that it's nearly done.
Cheers for looking.

[+] 5 members Like Tibbs's post

Fantastic work, well done. Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes JasonB's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tibbs
23rd-May-22, 09:04 PM