Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Autumn Endurance - InterSeries Proxy

Pitlane Review (Championship)
With some clearly good allrounders showing their strength in the Modern and in the InterSeries classes, it's looking like their places have been secured. In the Classic Le Mans and Daytona classes the top positions look a bit more challenging, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the remaining 3 Rounds.

Modern Endurance 24HRS
Nothing likely to stop the BMW V12 LMP of Savage GT taking the win in this class, however the 2nd place Mercedes CLK of RoadRunners is still under pressure from Team Tatters AMG Merc, with the Porsche 962 of Lifeboats Racing and the Corvette CR6 of Team Cube still capable of throwing some surprises.

Classic Le Mans
Well at the start I thought Mountain Views Ferrari 250GTO was so much faster than the others it would dominate this class, however it has shown to be vulnerable on some tracks, so a sure win is still uncertain, but of course it should do well on its own home track. The AC Cobra of Bangers Racing still quite close behind, probably the Aston Martin DBR1 of RoadRunners too far behind.

Daytona
Having been such a consistently good car the BMW M1 of Ruscillo Racing appears to dropped its performance in the last round, so now has given the BMW 320i of Team Tatters perhaps a comfortable lead, but we will see. The Camaro of Courtney Sport appears to have 3rd place in sight, but there is a late run by the De Tomaso of Green Star Racing.

InterSeries
The Porsche 917/0 of Courtney Sport looks dominant in this class and looks likely to take the win, the Mclaren M6A of Brumos RSR looking increasingly under pressure from the Ferrari 512M of Savage GT whose progress seemed unhindered by the enforced change in motor.

Team Points
Savage GT seems to be in a dominate positions, with two really good consistent cars, looks more than likely to have secured this award. However 2nd and 3rd place positions look far from being resolved with both RoadRunners and Team Tatters on equal points. Courtney Sport perhaps still in with a chance of a 3rd place if the remaining tracks are favourable.

So with the cars  Camptrailer  on route to Mountain View, we can look forward to the next Round, and many thanks again to the Viking Club lads for doing us proud.

At Mountain View we hope again to welcome the guest driver Steve Hills (Truspeed Controllers) who will run the cars in the Classes in which our host is competing in.
[+] 3 members Like Graham's post

So all
The cars have arrived and hats of to Graham, what an art form he has got this packing of too.
All safe in their little foamy caves. ?

So a little bit of a change to the reporting of the results this weekend .. you will be teased and drip fed them .. not for a climactic effect more out of necessity to Steve’s schedule ,domestic chores, family and the World Cup. 

So today between Wales and England playing I have completed Class A Modern Endurance. 

Drum roll… 

First all cars were paraded in front of the haunted house as part of their bedding down test.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 members Like PaulCooper's post

The picture of the loft ladder was by accident.. but just to show you the dangers I work in.. 
don’t worry I have a hatch.. 

This class is first rate with some very quick cars and some very stable cars and some are both. 

I really enjoyed this class listening to opera and racing these cars around is really top notch plus some heavy rock too. 
Lights down after digging out all the lights I can get to supplement the haunted house, an atmosphere of twilight was produced.

[+] 4 members Like PaulCooper's post

Love the haunted house  Thumbup
[+] 2 members Like Savage GT's post

I hadn't noticed that  Rofl

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

So the morning is upon us and it’s time to start the next phase of the proxy . 

Cars paraded in front of the tree of knowledge similar to that one in Game of Thrones.

So to Class C 
10 cars with a variety of body shapes,  chassis and motors. 
All interesting to drive some slightly challenging and some easy to drive and push. 

Two were outstanding and that showed in the results which was only decided by the fastest lap . SO CLOSE  … EXCITING STUFF ..

[+] 4 members Like PaulCooper's post

So next updates and racing will be on Monday possible evening slot. 

Keep posted folks . Congrats to the race winners so far. 

Impressed with Chris “Bangers for NO CASH “ how he managed to get that Lancia Fly to respond to a chassis which works. Respect I have the same one and was hoping to persuade Paul Taylor of WSR to make me a 3D one to fit.. ? .

Both the two winning cars were fast but different to drive , all were a pleasure as was the A class yesterday. Please read the notes next to the cars as these are my appraisals after racing each car.
Please don’t take offence but I hope these will help for future builds . Everyday is a school day, and I Know Steve will give useful comments in the other two classes.

PaulCooperSo next updates and racing will be on Monday possible evening slot. 

Keep posted folks . Congrats to the race winners so far. 

Impressed with Chris “Bangers for NO CASH “ how he managed to get that Lancia Fly to respond to a chassis which works. Respect I have the same one and was hoping to persuade Paul Taylor of WSR to make me a 3D one to fit.. ? .

Thanks Paul, yes, the Fly Lancia Beta went much better than I ever expected, once I changed the chassis. The standard build is absolute "pants"! I used it as my Group 5 car at North Staffs, but with a smaller motor, still performed well. Yes, body is very heavy, but looks goo11
[+] 1 member Likes classicchrisk's post

So to the next class the Classics all cars a warmed up awaiting Steve to let them go. Meanwhile they are all waiting around the burger van .

[+] 5 members Like PaulCooper's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Graham
23rd-Mar-24, 08:57 AM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM