Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What should I look out for in Spain?

Going to Spain in a couple of weeks and thinking of seeking out a slot car shop. Currently have a Scalextric Sport track analogue layout; anything I should look out for?
[+] 1 member Likes Serpico's post

Just remember that when in Spain, things labeled "Scalextric" are actually SCX, and things labeled "Superslot" are Scalextric. Otherwise, everything else is the same in Spain. Get whatever looks good. :)
[+] 1 member Likes MrFlippant's post

Hello Serpico,
Depends how much you want to spend, if you see one of these FIATS for less than 30 Euro, buy it... or pay more if you really want one...

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

Most importantly watch out for people driving on the wrong side of the road  Bigsmile
[+] 3 members Like anddelanyno20's post

If you are visiting Barcelona then the Palau toyshop is a must visit. LINK
Established in 1935 it has long been the go to place for slot cars of all makes.
[+] 1 member Likes CMOTD's post

Hello Serpico,

The rules for buying slot cars in Spain are fairly simple.

1) Bring more money than you thought you needed
2) Buy everything that you can afford. You can always resell it if you change your mind. Regret for not buying something after you can't get it anymore is a tough pill to swallow. It causes mightmares! Trust me, I know.
3) Or, you can simply buy at least one of everything!  Wrench

As Brian just pointed out. Palau Toyshop is one of the best slot car candy stores.  Checkeredflag

Good luck, and don't forget to show us what you come back with!

Warm regards,
Ken
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post

That is excellent advice from Ken!!

Buy loads,  and don't leave anything behind,  you will regret it......

Have a good trip.

(2nd-Apr-22, 05:13 PM)Serpico Wrote:  Going to Spain in a couple of weeks and thinking of seeking out a slot car shop. Currently have a Scalextric Sport track analogue layout; anything I should look out for?

Where in Spain are you going?

Malaga and Cadiz. Also Gibraltar  Thumbup

stopped off on Cartegena today and went to Stuka Modelismo. Unfortunately being a Sunday they were closed but 5-6 slot cars in window which must be a good sign . They stock Autoslot Ninco Carrera and Scalextric stuff. From what I could see peering through the window and the online reviews definitely worth a visit if in the area. Easy walking distance from the port, shop is on the very edge of the old town.