Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Summer Grand Prix Proxy

OK Ambulance
#50 was a bit like me ..... it had a screw loose Tease  
retightened , leaving a little body float .. chassis slightly warped ,so will not close fully 
after tightening screw was still too loose .. pushed a tiny bit of blue tack on top of screw to help secure

#3 axle centralized and a loose wheel secured  Thumbup
but on further inspection another issue arose , the guide is not secured in the guide post and could become detached from the chassis ?
the guide is sprung and seems to have been glued at some point ? so im not sure about this 
as a result i will not look further into this , but instead will run the car as is and report back on  how it performs 

#27 has been left as is until further instructions 

now onto the track duties  Rofl

Kev

Re #27 yeah that's intentional, there should just be a couple of screws upfront securing it. Thanks for checking though  Yes
[+] 1 member Likes tatter06's post

(9th-Jun-22, 10:23 AM)OXO cube Wrote:  OK Ambulance
#50 was a bit like me ..... it had a screw loose Tease  
retightened , leaving a little body float .. chassis slightly warped ,so will not close fully 
after tightening screw was still too loose .. pushed a tiny bit of blue tack on top of screw to help secure

#3 axle centralized and a loose wheel secured  Thumbup
but on further inspection another issue arose , the guide is not secured in the guide post and could become detached from the chassis ?
the guide is sprung and seems to have been glued at some point ? so im not sure about this 
as a result i will not look further into this , but instead will run the car as is and report back on  how it performs 

#27 has been left as is until further instructions 

now onto the track duties  Rofl

Kev

I did have to swap the chassis fairly swiftly on the day of the run, as the original one I had in mind to use broke. So I may have missed something, can you take the body top off and email me a photo of the inside of the front guide area. There should be a securing screw holding the guide inside the chassis ?

shake down results :-

a quick 5 lap blip to ensure all cars run well + a fastest lap of each car 

Class A 
Bugatti T50      #1     8.824
Merc W196      #14   7.689
Ferrari Squalo   #2     8.996
Scarrab            #28   7.696
Merc W196      #50   7.583

Class B 
Porsche 804     #6     8.518
Lotus 24           #3     8.588
Cooper Climax  #20   7.410

Class C
Williams FW07   #27    6.698
Shadow DN1     #16    7.468
Matra MS120     #8      7.728
Tyrell 008           #4      7.612
Ferrari 126C2     #27    6.932
Williams FW11    #6      7.170

Class D
Dallara                  #11   7.373
Williams FW40      #19   6.987
Mclaren MP413     #11   7.033
Jordan 197           #11   7.346
Renault R28          #5     7.732

All cars ran well without any major issues 
surprisingly the Class B Lotus loose guide did not seem to badly affect the car 
Team Tatters Williams rear wing fell off on the main straight (see pic) has been re-attached ready for the timed run tomorrow 

bear in mind this is just a quick check to ensure all cars are able to run and to try and get a fast lap as a bit of a datum for each 
during tomorrows event all cars will be run quickly , but with an eye on completing the 20 lap timed run without any offs 
therefore the times stated above may not reflect the eventual outcome 

good luck to everyone 

Kev
[+] 2 members Like OXO cube's post

(10th-Jun-22, 01:27 PM)OXO cube Wrote:  Team Tatters Williams rear wing fell off on the main straight (see pic) has been re-attached ready for the timed run tomorrow 

That's hot glue for you, only good as a filler.  A better 'fix' is 1mm neoprene and superglue as it'll allow movement.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers

ok guys , here are the results for the summer F1 proxy round 2 Goldrock

Class A 

A real fight for the podium positions , less than 2 tenths seperating the fastest laps , but drivability shone though with Grahams Merc taking the honours and the scarab spliting the mercs , i must mention the 2 other contenders , both well matched , beautiful cars , and an absolute pleasure to drive 

Class B 

The smallest class in the event , guaranteeing a podium , its a double for Graham with his cooper out on its own in this class , the others had quite a scrap for position with bangers taking 2nd although lacking top speed , it was glued to the track which allowed it to just pip the super smooth and whisper quiet RNLI Lotus 

Class C

Team tatters Williams with it super hero cape like body fitting roared to a fantastic win , with the fastest lap and fastest elapsed time of the round , well-done Ash 
Ruscillo's beautiful and  smooth  Ferrari , and Bangers Williams  filling the other podium positions , i feel Bangers Williams could have contended for higher podium position , but the car seemed to bottom out on the scally sport rails , affecting its overall times 

Class D

Courtney's Mclaren takes top step , just pipping my Williams , with team tatters Dallara 

heres a quick vid of the cars 
https://youtu.be/7gecMvoMFzg

i must admit these single seater F1 type cars never appealed to me before until now 
and i have a new soft spot , especially for the earlier 60's cars 
i can firmly say i am now a convert 
as stated earlier , my focus was on having zero off's during each timed run to get a true reflection of the drivability of each car 
unfortunately i failed in that dept , and had one off in Class C , sorry Paul  
thankyou to everyone who entered and sent in these fantastic cars 
good luck to everyone in the rest of the event  

Kev
[+] 7 members Like OXO cube's post

GP (before 1961) & Pre-wings (1961-1967) are popular at our club probably because they're not 'tyre wars' classes.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

Wavegreen Good evening,

well done to Kev for running the Round 2, he did especially well in the circumstances as he still recovering from his operation. So I hope that one car off track was not to painful too recover. Hope all goes well on Tuesday with the hospital appointment, and many thanks again.

So earlier than usual we have the results for Rounds 1-2

I should mention that this Proxy is not sponsored, so there although there will be 1st place winners medals provided by the entrants fees there will not be any Sponsors vouchers on this Proxy. And sadly no George Turner Prize this time around.

The cars will be making their way to our host at Woodland Fort for Round 3 next week.

The Pitlane Review will follow next week.

Attached Files
.pdf Grand Prix A&B Round 2.pdf Size: 21.24 KB  Downloads: 30
.pdf Grand Prix C&D Round 2.pdf Size: 27.17 KB  Downloads: 33
.pdf Grand Prix - Team Points Round 2.pdf Size: 21.07 KB  Downloads: 26
.pdf Grand Prix - Fastest Lap Round 2.pdf Size: 15.38 KB  Downloads: 27
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post

Wavegreen Good afternoon

Pitlane Review
The good news is that Courtney Sport Cooper Climax has arrived and hopefully will be taking part in the Round 3 run at Woodland Fort. So we have increased the field to 4 running cars in this class.

The story so far....
After two rounds there is some jostling for positions at the top of course.

Early Flyers Class
1st Place -RoadRunners -Mercedes W196
2nd Place - Mountain View -Mercedes W196
3rd Place - Team Cube -Scarab

Well pleased to see the "Silver Arrows" still in charge of this class, but the Scarab of Team Cube means business as we saw in this 2nd round. So only one point between the first 3 cars, and for sure this will be a hotly contested class throughout the competition.

Classic Class
1st Place - RoadRunners - Cooper Climax
2nd Place - Bangers Racing - Porsche 804
3rd Place - Team RNLI - Lotus 24

With a little less competition up to now, the RoadRunners appear to be on top at this early stage. But with the news that Courtney Sport has managed to get their Cooper Climax into the competition, I am sure this will add a new dimension to the results in this class.

Legends Class
1st Place - Team Tatters - Williams FW07
2nd Place - Ruscillo Racing - Ferrari 126C
3rd Place - Mountain View - Shadow DN1

Certainly did not foresee the Ferrari of Ruscillo Racing coming on stronger at the 2nd round, but will it be able to keep up the momentum.
And also Bangers Racing's Williams FW11 appears to be gaining ground. So this will be a hotly contested class throughout the competition. But currently the "ground effect" Williams FW07 appears to have the edge, as long as the remaining body securing points don't give way  Tease Not sure that this car is legal really, asking the Stewards to investigate on safety grounds  Rofl  

Modern
1st Place - Courtney Sport - Mclaren MP4/13
2nd Place - Team Cube - Williams FW40
3rd Place - Team Tatters - Dallara

Courtney Sport again showing they have some great Proxy cars and have managed two wins in this class so far. But Team Cubes Williams FW40 and the Dallara of Team Tatters also making progress.

So many thanks again to Kev (Goldrock) and lets see what the lads at Woodland Fort can do for us.
[+] 3 members Like Graham's post

Wavegreen Good evening
forgot to mention those all important Team points in the Pitlane Report

1st RoadRunners
2nd Team Tatters
3rd Team Cube

Well for the first time since organising these Proxy's, my own RoadRunners team appears to be leading the table  Sun
But the others are not far behind, so I will enjoy the moment............ Rofl

ALS Racing have withdrawn from the Grand Prix as their cars have sadly not been made ready in time to participate on this occasion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM