Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cut'n'Shut (ChopShopped ) Camaro

Nice job. I enjoyed reading about this build which you went into with great detail. Glad to hear that its performance is good so far.
[+] 1 member Likes steveaca's post

Swindon swapmeet today.
I was looking for another piece of mid seventies American muscle that I could chop up into racing shape.
A racing partner for the sunoco camaro.
Only to find one of the biggest surprises ever at one of the stalls.

The current lap record holder for the LSC "TransAm" is held by a Hornby bodied Camaro - 8.55 seconds built and raced by the late John Secchi.
Today at the swap meet, there it was. The car itself. Scaleauto guide, shod with ortmans, a dead giveaway
A couple of calls, a couple of messages and a few photos validated this as John's car.  Wrench
Pics below. 

Not a cut'n'shut but a Slot.IT HRS, the car is seriously "slammed", running the body  much lower than mine. 
This is THE car that inspired me to cut up a Hornby camaro in the first place.
Can't wait to see how this runs at it's homecoming on Tuesday.
As days go, today was  good one

[+] 3 members Like Nonfractal's post

Glad you liked it, I sold quite a few of John's 1/32 cars on Sunday, still a few left I think, but will only be at swapmeets, Orpington and Gaydon are the next two.

Thanks Phil,
If you do find any of John's 's modern  1/32 cars in your stock (typically, ortmans , scaleauto guide and often, a red devil motor) please let me know. 
I'm specifically looking for his group five car, a green capri with a bright "orbital re entry" flare  across the front. Likely a flatsix anglewinder but I can't be sure of that.
If you have it, I'll definitely take it. 

For us, this is LSC heritage. We want to bring John's cars home to wood green. 
I'll be at Orpington Bigsmile and I'll be as early as I can  Cool
Alan
[+] 1 member Likes Nonfractal's post