Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ferrari 612 CanAm

I've waited months to buy this and it was 30% off yesterday...

You have many scale options to choose from, the 1/32 one was way too thick, the 1/24 one when scaled down to 1/32 has a wall of 1mm so willing to give that a go in resin.

SlotIt SW pod is my preference for such a big beastie, the body is 70mm wide at the maximum (2.24m wide the full sized version).

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 3 members Like Kevan's post

I remeber when Taylormade brought out a vacc formed one of these, they made it scale, which was then banned by ECRA because max width was
 2.5" and these were about quarter of an inch wider, Howard Taylor's arguement was how can scale be illegal?

Iraced one at my local club but kept the tyre width to the 2.5" limit

This will be built to our Sport rules, 12mm max width tyres and 64mm overall width across the outsides of the tyre sidewalls, the image shows the wheels/tyres at the max width allowed.

NSR Moslers are 65mm wide but again we stipulate 64mm across the tyres.

[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

Out of curiosity, does anyone make a sideways pod for the short boxer type motor? FK130 I believe.

Joel
[+] 1 member Likes merkit the grof's post

Joel if it’s inline or anglewinder just use an nsr pod ,my modified gt Mercedes’ uses the original nsr pod with an fk130 screwed in and glued up,inline just do the same.but a sidewinder pod to take an fk130 without cutting it up which is the only way with nsr slot it ect would be very useful as fk130 motors tend to be much better than fc130 motors so hopefully someone will do one for slot it or nsr chassis configuration  Thumbup

Joel just remembered if it’s for a slot it chassis use the latest sidewinder pod as it’s reversed.ie it’s secured buy can screws and the spur gear,goes on the same side so the only Dremel work is trimming down the end bell,side of the pod   Wrench

(3rd-Mar-22, 12:01 PM)merkit the grof Wrote:  Out of curiosity, does anyone make a sideways pod for the short boxer type motor? FK130 I believe.

Joel

I make AW for FK130

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Trouble is that one is specific to the chassis you have put it in if you put that in a slot it chassis it will leave gaps everywhere as a slot it anglewinder pod is designed for a boxer or flat 6 which is much bigger than an fk 130 to be a direct fit for slot it it would need a redisign ,looks like quite a good chassis though

All my chassis are designed for SW or IL Slot.it pods as I don't like AW setups.

I printed a slightly smaller version of this chassis for a Fly Ferrari 512S and drove it for the first time tonight on our clubs track and its wonderful to drive. This has a NSR Shark 25 SW and Ultra grips.