Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Whats on your bench ...

(19th-Nov-21, 09:02 PM)merkit the grof Wrote:  The Camaro will be sold. There will be too many big US cars for them to do well in concours.

Joel
I wish that Sami and Don had put a limit on wheelbase which would have cut out the inevitable gigantic American cars that will be everywhere. Maybe I can get an Anglia to go well.

I guess they want to keep it simple and leave the participants to sort things out in concours. By and large it works.
Doesn't really bother me, I once finished 9th in the 1/32nd race with a microscopic Elva BMW, its always nice to do well with the underdog. 
Not sure yet what I will build, but there is a good choice of vintage French plastic toys to use.
A scratchbuilt Fiat Multipla it tempting though. Plenty of time to decide, in the meantime, I am building cars I can sell there, hence the Camaro.

Joel
[+] 1 member Likes merkit the grof's post

These are on my bench to be painted.

Speaking of Camaro's. They aren't so bad once you get used to them. This is my daily driver.

It all depends on where you grew up. I suspect there are a few Porsche's in Gemany, and several Ferrari's in Italy? Probably a few old Jag's and Astons in England too.

The 4th Generation Camaro plant was a 45 minute drive from where I grew up. We all tend to gravitate to our childhood dream cars. Does that mean I'm still a child?  Bigsmile
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post

If I could give 'painting a car' a rating from 1-10 with 10 being LOVE doing it...I'd be a 1.

Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

Hi Kevan,

It's a part of modelling that can't be avoided.

I took the above trouble shooting guide with me to the cottage several years ago. I also took a case of paint cans and 15-bodies. I was determined to figure this out. I was making every mistake on the left side at first. I followed the guide, and eventually got it right.

I painted all 15 bodies. 3-were stripped and painted again for a total of 18-paint jobs in 2-weeks. I figured it out by jumping in with two feet. Sink or swim. I like to paint now. 10 out of 10.

[+] 5 members Like KensRedZed's post

Just working on this one for potential future use.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 4 members Like Brumos RSR's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post