Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Whats on your bench ...

I am going to sidetrack a little from the suggestions list, but in light of the increasing content suggestion in the increasing the Forum thread, I thought that as we will all start to post our older builds, it would be nice to have a thread of what we are doing at the moment.......

SO - lets see your current builds, upgrades for racing, kitbashing of just generally what is on your bench.

Trying to get a 1/24 scale VW van in US school bus livery done for a race in June...
Failing that I will mod my VW van with the turbojet motor on the back.... _-)

After that I need to get to work on an AMC Matador in NASCAR livery...
and then
and then
and then..

Pics ???? Sun    Gotta see it ...... Wavegreen

It is on the bottom of this page:
http://www.renncenter-hockenheim.de/Renn...efer/#back
It is a regulatory race: you try to match your lap times so speed is not important...
Yes the fan spins and the tail lights up... it’s too top heavy though...

So picks of my latest builds.....

First up - Just arrived - a brand new original Ferrari P2 body by Russkit, that I can now use to complete a chassis I have had for years

Then - a build I was doing for Bordo - sadly now not able to attend but will finish this off anyway.

then a not very ckear pic of a bunch of Can Am bodies that I will choose between to build up  - Probably do the 2 J and the BRM......

[+] 1 member Likes Anthony B's post

Also in a rush to get it finished for Bordo on June 1st!

Although identified on SFI as a 1948 Mercury, it is, in fact, a 1949 Mercury! A custom car favourite apparently. The real car has a scale wheelbase that is almost 3cm longer than this one but as it's a custom job, it's been chopped and shortened! (that is to say, modified to fit the chassis)

Had first coat of colour to check the shape is OK and now the hard work begins to get the finish up to mirror standards. Whilst the paint dries, it's on with making the front grille. Oh how I wish I had small fingers.

[+] 2 members Like Gordon Steadman's post

Awesome Gordon Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Have a great time there - have a feeling this year will be a smaller entry than usual.... a few of the guys I know cannot attend for personal reasons....

I don't/can't build cars but this is the current half finished grandstand for my track:

It has been in progress for about a month but should be finished fairly soon.

Then I need to get on with these to detail the pit garages:

[+] 3 members Like CMOTD's post

(17th-May-19, 09:07 AM)abie321 Wrote:  Awesome Gordon Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Have a great time there - have a feeling this year will be a smaller entry than usual.... a few of the guys I know cannot attend for personal reasons....

I too suspect that will be the case. Several because of the subject matter and the decisions about silicones/ percentage of concours points against racing. 

It's a shame but you can't please all the people........

I intend to have fun whatever. If I get this one finished, I will have a choice of four 24th scale cars (three and a half really as Old Yeller has taken a beating). Only two 32nd!

It is ALWAYS a great race - hopefully next year it will return to week before Le Mans as I want to attend Le mans - bucket list before I retire ;)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post