Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UK HO Drag Proxy Spring Speed Nationals - March 2022

The 2022 Spring Speed Nationals wraps up the 2021-22 UK HO Drag Proxy Series - and starts the four-event 2022 schedule. In March, we'll be running all the classes that have competed over the past 12 months. The regulations and format are in the 'UK HO Drag Proxy Series 2021-22 Preview' thread here.

The Track: The Rock County Eighth Mile is a seven-foot timed strip (1/8 mile in true HO scale) made from the new 2019 Micro Scalextric sectional track. Cars must be fitted with braids to run on this track. Power is set at 12 volts and 8 amps across the two lanes. Power to both lanes is triggered by a single switch firing a relay board. Timing is via Trackmate Drag Basic. After the finish line, there is a two-foot shutdown with dynamic braking and a well-padded catch box.

The Format: The events runs over the weekend, with racing through both days, usually with the elimination rounds on the same day as qualifying for each class.

Sending cars: Aim for your cars to arrive in Brighton at least 72 hours before the first day of the event,  so they can be quarantined (if necessary) and then registered for qualifying. Please also pack in a small box (max height 7.5cm if possible) and pay for your postage online so no-one needs to go near a post office. These races are designed to be Covid-safe events that are accessible to everyone and can continue whatever restrictions might be in place. You may - of course - send cars for several races or the full duration of the series  - just let me know.

How to enter: Send me a private message or add a reply below. One car per class may be entered per person. Family members and friends are very welcome to enter too. I will message you with the address to send cars to. You will need to pay for return postage. Otherwise there is no race fee.

Overseas entrants must talk to me about customs forms on their parcels! The recipient (me) will normally be charged 20% of the stated value of the parcel, plus an £8 handling fee. As cars sent to these races are not commercial goods, I need to explain how to alert UK customs to this fact and avoid the fees.

Entries Race #16 - Spring Speed Nationals - 12-13 March 2022

Micro Scalextric Street Stock: Nico, Iain, Kev, Rebecca, Andy, Bill, Jane, Jeremy, Pete, Jerome, Sue, Mary, Anna, Freddie, Clive, Rose (16)

Micro Scalextric Super Stock 6.0: Nico, Iain, Kev, Andy Phi, Rebecca, Andy Pla, Bill, Jane, Jeremy, Pete (10)

NHRA 4-Gear Funny Car, Pro Stock & Pro Mod: Nico, Rebecca, Andy, Iain, Bill, Jerome (6)

NHRA AW Top Fuel: Nico, Rebecca, Andy, Clive, Iain (5)

Nostalgia T-Jet: Nico, Iain, Rebecca, Andy, Bill , Clive (6)

Nostalgia 4-Gear Funny Car: Nico, Iain, Rebecca, Andy, Bill, Kev, Jerome, Rose (8)

Nostalgia Micro Scalextric 2019: Nico, Iain, Kev, Bill, Rebecca, Andy (6)

Nostalgia Magnatraction Pro Stock: Nico, Kev, Andy, Rebecca, Bill, Iain (6)

IFA Match Racing: Kev, Nico & Bill - 3-way match.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Chances are good that I will be in again  Wrench Thumbup  Cool

Nico
[+] 2 members Like nkarres's post

Will send off cars today or tomorrow. In for all classes 

Nico
[+] 2 members Like nkarres's post

Good that you will be racing with us again Nico  Thumbup

Andy, please enter me for all 8 classes (but no match racing or exhibitions). I've finally been able to obtain 
a couple of Top Fuel bodies, so I just need to prepare another chassis...

Iain
[+] 3 members Like 935 fan's post

Hi guys & girls, I am afraid that due to my present heath issues that are affecting my eyes, I have not been able to get any tuning done. I am assured that it will get better in time. I have three cars on the way, a top fuel, t jet nostalgia and stock Scalextric. All have raced before. There are though some bodies in the box for Andy to send out to entrants.
Good luck everyone and thanks to Andy for holding the event.
[+] 3 members Like Mazda's post

Clive, Happy to hear that you are on the mend and able to race with us again  Thumbup 

Andy, Box of cars posted today. Fingers crossed that Royal Mail doesn't shake the box like last time. Just one new body for my T Jet entry;
A 36 Willys pickup with a rusty rat rod paint scheme - built using a very nice cast resin body. Unfortunately I couldn't get the body to sit lower on the chassis,
but some side pipes concealed the problem!

Looking forward to the weekend  Wrench

Iain
[+] 3 members Like 935 fan's post

Great to have you back Clive!

Kev's cars have be delivered and Nico's arrived at the Gatwick delivery depot during the night, so should be here today/tomorrow.

I've updated the opening post with the entries and will adjust Kev's once I've had a look in his box.

Ken won't be racing with us this time - it's his turn for a trip to hospital... Let's hope he's back firing on all cylinders very soon.

As this is the end of the 2021-2 series, I'm expecting to return all cars to their owners before we resume again in June...

Should be a few goodies in those boxes too. If anyone's struggling to source chassis for any of the new classes, just let me know.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Thank you very kindly Andy.

I'll just sum things up buy saying old age sucks. But the alternative is worse.

Good luck to everyone!!!
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post

Boxes have arrived from Iain, Kev, Nico, Clive and Pete - just waiting for Jeremy & Jane's. I shall post the arrival pics tomorrow - and then Rebecca has the job of choosing 'Best in Series'.
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Sorry about that Woodcote...i could almost see your house from the post box, but I didn't have any spare time to drive there!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM