Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Track plans quetion

The track plans that have been produced on here, were they done by someone on the forum?
If so would it be possible to get Donington Park track plans like the F1 Track Plans and elevations?

I'm trying to get elevations of the track to use on my layout.

Thanks

Ignore this, I've found some.
I'm not sure how to remove this thread.
Sorry

Yes, I did the F1 track plans.

Just for the benefit of anybody else who might want the elevation profile of a circuit, you can do this in google earth. Not the online version I don't think, but definitely with the version you download.

Firstly you need to draw the shape of the circuit using the path tool. Then in the sidebar, you can right click on the name of the path you've just created, and choose Show Elevation Profile, and you get the following...

You can then move the cursor along the elevation profile and an arrow on the map will show you exactly where the corresponding place on the track is.
[+] 5 members Like JasonB's post

(19th-Jan-22, 11:37 PM)JasonB Wrote:  Yes, I did the F1 track plans.

Just for the benefit of anybody else who might want the elevation profile of a circuit, you can do this in google earth. Not the online version I don't think, but definitely with the version you download.

Firstly you need to draw the shape of the circuit using the path tool. Then in the sidebar, you can right click on the name of the path you've just created, and choose Show Elevation Profile, and you get the following...

You can then move the cursor along the elevation profile and an arrow on the map will show you exactly where the corresponding place on the track is.

Thanks Jason, thats really handy.
I found these two diagrams which are quite pretty good.

cheers
Tony

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by john roche
29th-Jan-24, 12:49 PM
Last Post by Cdrseabee
25th-Dec-23, 02:21 AM
Last Post by BARacer
23rd-Aug-23, 11:42 AM
Last Post by JasonB
13th-Mar-23, 12:46 PM