Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

VW splitscreen converted to Crewcab sign truck

(14th-Jan-22, 05:57 PM)Gpa113 Wrote:  Hi Tibbs,

Looks like you are making good progress,  plenty to learn along the way!

Here are some photos of the Majorette 1 32 scale Hot Rods that will  be getting the same treatment. 
All purchased from eBay, used under £6, except for the Chevy '57.  That was brand new and was £6.99!
These are fairly heavy.  I will be using chassis's from the generic Scalextric Formula 1/ Formula 3 cars from the mid '90's.
Very cheap to purchase, easy to modify, inline motors and very flat chassis.

Should be a bit of fun, and once completed (started would be progress) will be a fun edition to a Club night.
Obviously they will not break any records,  but possibly will  break the scenery... Rofl

Will put some chassis photos up next.
I can't believe how much fun I'm having Pip and this group is so welcoming with answering and helping out which makes it so much better.

Those hotrods will be awesome, one I'm looking at doing is similar to the orange pick up truck you have.
I'm keeping an eye out for a donner like that.
Look forward to seeing the chassis pics, I've got a book I'm using to write down all these great tips you guys have.
My wife thinks I'm reliving my youth Rofl

And when you want something really  silly to do.....

A Majorette 1 32 American Limousine,  Lincoln I think?  

Have fun,

Pip

[+] 1 member Likes Gpa113's post

Tibbs, age is only a number,  however big!

Fully agree about the slotracer.online forum, and how welcoming everyone is.  Nice place to be, and so much help and information  Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes Gpa113's post

A little bit more milliput action tonight on the wheel arches.

I managed to remove the lights and not ruin them, I've dremeled their backing plates out so the little light thats on my chassis will shine through.
They won't be as effective as putting individual LED's on each but I'll see how we go.

That's it for the night, wait for the filler to go off and back on it tomorrow.
Time to look through some of your guys threads.  Thumbup
[+] 2 members Like Tibbs's post

I hope this isn't too drawn out and boring these posts, but I'm having way to much fun making this pic up.
I've smoothed off the wheel arches after adding milliput.
I've made a balsa wood flatbead and a couple of bars which will have my ladder on them.
It might not seem much but it's all pretty fiddly stuff, well it was for me.

I've then spent way to much time upholstering the seats from some thin leather off a broken specsavers glasses cover, I thought if I'm going to do this I might as well go to town on it.

I think thats the dry build done, before I hit the paint shop, the dash need something too. Maybe a different colour.

I have some tyre's and some weights plus a man figure coming from Pendle next week.
Cheers
[+] 4 members Like Tibbs's post

Tibbs,

It's looking better every time we see it!  Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post

(16th-Jan-22, 07:43 PM)KensRedZed Wrote:  Tibbs,

It's looking better every time we see it!  Thumbup

Thank you Ken  Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes Tibbs's post

I managed to work out the Youtube video upload.
Added a little weight to the rear and she doesn't spin now plus the new tyres have loads of grip.
I'm pretty happy with the way she drives.
I will definitely be painting my complete track with the textured paint I've done the sample bit with as it gives loads more grip, it will help with the bikes as they spin quite easily on the standard track.
Once I get into making my Donington track I will be getting a different controller as this original scalextric one is not very responsive on the trigger.

https://youtu.be/cqgvSw4LdG4

Here's a pic with Valentino parked up next door.

Under coat in the cold garage tonight.
[+] 2 members Like Tibbs's post

A little more progress on my Crewcab.
Base coats have been sprayed.

First crack at painting a driver, oh my these things are small, good thing I have magnifier visor with different lenses.
Because it's going to be my sign van I've tried to make him look like me, I just had to add the goaty to the existing mistouch Rofl 

I need to get some matt paint for the body.
My decals I ordered from Colin at C & C Designs turned up and they look great, it will be the first time since I was very young that I've put them on so I'll be taking my time to not bugger it up.
Colin has been brilliant to deal with and given me good advice how to do it.
Cheers for now.
[+] 4 members Like Tibbs's post

Very nice indeed. Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes JasonB's post