Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour

Cars shipped yesterday 997 GT3RS and 1968 Camaro. After I sealed the box I remembered my name is not on the underside of the car. I will accept my penalty for not doing so. Also please do not disassemble unless needed for repair. The Ninco is fussy on body flat vs wheel hop if not adjusted correctly.

Brumos RSR,
Don't worry, I will ensure your cars have your ID name on them before sending them on.

And there will be no penalties, hopefully in this proxy  Sun

On the other hand I noticed this morning that I accidentally left Ade's "Green Star Racing" off the entrants list, so hoping he will forgive me for that.
 I have corrected the list as below.

This means we have 16 teams with 32 cars across the 4 classes

Attached Files
.pdf American Trophy -Entry List update 12.1.pdf Size: 44.78 KB  Downloads: 63
[+] 4 members Like Graham's post

Wavegreen Good Morning,

A slight change in the list of entrants cars this week, as "Harrisons Racers" team had a terminal problem with their Toyota Supra (Class A) car whilst testing at their club last week, so a change has been allowed for them to run a Ferrari 512BB in Class D.

So we have now exactly 8 cars per class as below 

I can announce that again we are receiving the support of Pendle Slot Racing as our main Sponsor for the American Road Race.

So we will have a points based scoring system to be able to reward the eventual winners of the event with some small prize token along with the associated class medals.
The points will be awarded after each stage to each class as 10 for 1st, 9 for 2nd, 8 for 3rd etc. And the overall winner of the event will be the Entrant Team with the most accumulated points for both cars. 

At the end of the Road Race a Concours vote will take place for each class of cars and points awarded in the same way as above. Entrants will be invited to vote on the cars in each of the classes (apart from their own) . The final points total will be used to award a Concours prize to the Team with the best presented cars.
Additionally should there be a tie in "race points" in the final reckoning of the Road Race event, the Concours points can be used to declare the final event winner.

Attached Files
.pdf American Trophy -Entry List update 12.2.pdf Size: 45.11 KB  Downloads: 68
[+] 4 members Like Graham's post

Wavegreen Good afternoon,

we have only until the end of the week to get the remaining cars, but I am sure they will arrive on time.

I will complete the scrutineering report hopefully by Saturday and then run the 1st event of the American Road Race on the Harlequin Raceway on Sunday.

We will also have the support once again of George Turner Models, so there will be another "George Turner Prize" awarded to the Team with the best presented Cars. I will do the customary photo shoot of the Teams Cars on the Saturday which can be judged by the entrants for the "concours competition" during the series.
[+] 5 members Like Graham's post

Wavegreen Good afternoon,

I had intended to post the American Road Race scrutineer report today, but one of our entrants has a unexpected delivery delay due to a "next day" delivery by DPD which should have been for delivery Wednesday, but actually to date had not even been collected from his local depot  Tappingfoot
So luckily the entrant was able to retrieve the cars this morning and posted it with Royal Mail Special Delivery, which we are hoping will arrive tomorrow morning.

So tomorrow looks like a busy day with the Scrutineering to be completed and the car photo session, all done before the American Road Race start on Sunday.

I will post up the photos of the cars in order of each Class, so that "Best Presented"  entrants can compare the class cars  fairly easily. Each entrant will receive a set of voting forms and asked to put the 8 cars per class into their favoured order from 1st to last. The results will be complied at the end of the American Road Race Tour and the Team with most votes for their 2 cars will receive the "George Turner Prize". Also in the event of a tie for the overall American Road Race Team prize, these concours points will be used to determine the outcome.

On Sunday I will be running the Road Race on my Carrera 21metre Raceway, unfortunately my co-host is not now available to participate as we planned. So it will be an individual effort by myself, and it may take time to post up the results etc, but I will do my best to finish by Sunday evening.

And finally Amato Slot Car Design has once again kindly offered their support as sponsors along with Pendle Slot Racing and George Turner Models
[+] 6 members Like Graham's post

Wavegreen Hello, just after mid day on Saturday and at last the final Team cars arrived.

So to the Scrutineering Reports below:

Class A - Cannonball Run

Class B- Pan American

Class C - Classic Trans Am & NASCARs

Class D - Modern Trans Am & NASCARS

Comments
Overall most cars were compliant to the rules, as usual the slot guide dimensions in some cases are a cause of potential concern, as with this Proxy some stages will involve shallow track slots or acute bends. So although I have checked all the cars appear to be able to run on my SCX/Scalextric Sport track sections, I would not be overly confident that some cars will not struggle on a couple of stages. I only needed to trim down a couple of slot guides (with their teams approval) when I found that the guides were too deep to run without catching on the bottom of the track. In the cases where the dimensions were out of specification but the cars still appeared to run on the track section I did not intervene. But there is still a potential risk that either these cars might be slower as a result of the guide depth or worse in that they just will not be able to be run on the plastic track stages with shallow slot guides. In this case I will instruct the Host to declare a DNF result for these cars. But there will be no additional penalty applied as these cars could effectively be penalising themselves.
Other issues
We have a couple of more serious non-compliance issues, over spec motors in class B &C and one car with very wide tyres in class D. I had a discussion with these teams in regard to the respective issues. It is obvious that these was more accidental than intentional, so I will allow the cars to run but will look to apply a penalty at the end of the series, to be decided later depending on if the cars are seen to have gained an unfair advantage.

Attached Files
.pdf Scrutineer Report.pdf Size: 24.88 KB  Downloads: 57
[+] 6 members Like Graham's post

Looking forward to hosting them all on the Devil's Dyke hill climb in about a month's time Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Graham, thank you for the scrutiny and modifications to make cars legal. Looking forward to to the pictures and the first race. Good luck to all the builders on Raceday!!
[+] 1 member Likes Brumos RSR's post

OK just managed to finish the photo session.

Class A - Cannonball Run Group photo

1) Team Cube- Ford GT

A welcome return to the Ford GT, very close in last years Road Race with a 3rd place.

2) Scott Sports Racing- Aston Martin DB9

Also returning after the Le Mans Proxy last year, but with a few upgrades, so Scott Sports will be looking for better result this year.

3) Team RNLI- Ferrari La Ferrari

Beautiful Paint job on this classic Ferrari sports car, but can it move as well ...

4) Brumos RSR - Porsche 997

A lot of care and attention on this one, Brumos will be expecting to get a podium or two.

5) Courtney Sport- Porsche 911RS

Winner of last years Le Mans Proxy, but can this car repeat it's 1st place finish again this year ?

6) Team Tatters - Mercedes AMG

oh well, Team Tatters sound very apprehensive about this one, will it really be as bad as they anticipate or is it the usual Mercedes Team, pre- season nerves.

7) Ruscillo Racing- Renault Megane

Another car which has been lovingly tuned to it's peak, as Team Ruscillo are determined to make their mark this year.

8) Green Star Racing- Lamborghini Gallardo

Well it did arrive in the end  Bigsmile and I won't apply any penalty for late arrival (as I am not like that), even if it has kept me very busy this afternoon trying to catch up.
But hopefully we will be rewarded by the performance of this splendid looking car.

Going for a break now but hope to post some more pics latter, if not then first thing in the morning  Wrench
[+] 3 members Like Graham's post

I am back with photos from Class C - Classic Trans Am & NASCARS

Class C -Group photo

1) Mountain View Racing - Camaro
Last years overall Le Mans winners are back with this one of many Camaro's

2) Team Cube- Pontiac GTO
This superbly assembled car is an eye catcher, but will it keep up with the Camaro's

3) ALS Racing- Camaro
Welcome to one of our new teams this year who are from across the pond, joining Brumos RSR and Courtney Sport.

4) Harrisons Racers -Camaro
Welcome to another new team this year from the North East

5) Loosesalute- Ford Falcon
This car struggled abit in last years Road Race which was entered previously by Rokers Roar. Hopefully the new team (Club mates) will have better luck with it.

6) Team Tatters - Ford Mustang Knotchback
The team reckons this one is running very smooth, so could be the car to see off the Camaro's 

7) Brumos RSR- Camaro
The team has a lot of experience with these Classic Trans Am cars so might be difficult to beat this one

8) Ruscillo Racing - Camaro
At last a Camaro which is a different colour  Rofl hopefully will mix it with the Blue's

So perhaps rather predictably this is mostly a Classic Camaro class  Cool
[+] 3 members Like Graham's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM