Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UK HO Drag Proxy Series 2021-22 - Race #5 January 2022

Andy,

Thank you very kindly. I'm happy my cars made it safely. Now I can relax. My smoking jacket and brandy snifter are at the ready (even though I don't smoke or drink).

Ken
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post

Andy,

The cars I sent were just match racers.  Don't delay the event any for them.  They can have their day on the track anytime.
[+] 1 member Likes $Bill's post

Street Stock, Super Stock 6.0, Funny Car 4-Gear and T-Jet have all qualified... results pending the arrival of Kev's cars.

I'll post more pictures and the official T-Jet qualifying results in the morning. And those cars will definitely run on Wednesday, together with some match racing and exhibitions. Fingers-crossed for Kev's cars - and some other post we're waiting for - arriving tomorrow.

Having studied Andy's arrival photo of my cars, it looks as if the motor in the 29 Ford has "let go"  in the post transport warm up Ambulance
So this car looks like a non starter Angry   

Must torque to the crew chief about his bolt tightening technique...

Iain
[+] 1 member Likes 935 fan's post

Nostalgia T-Jet Qualifying results

Despite the usual warm-up procedures, there were some tight T-Jets last night...

The always loose 'Strip Blazer' Dodge - untouched since last time - took advantage. It might be a sitting duck if the other cars spring to life after today's warm-up.

In the other classes...

There were two ultra-quick Street Stock Micros - we're talking 0.603 and 0.607. Kev's car might well join them up there, so I'll delay publishing the results until we know whether Kev's car will be in the mix.

I also suspect Kev's Super Stock 6.0 car will be right up there. The time to beat after last night is 0.435, with five of the eight cars under 0.485 seconds.

The top two 4-Gears are separated by just five thousandths of a second, so that could be very close - unless Kev has built a screamer...

I shall be keeping an eye out for the mail van.
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Well, hello...

The postman delivered Wrench 

There's Kev's Street and Super Stock cars to qualify - his NHRA 4-Gear goes up against Jerome's DHL Funny Car for some match racing and data collection, plus a Pro Stock and Micro 2019. Lots of other match racing as well - with Bill's two cars joining us, together with some goodies! Thanks Bill Thumbup

The plan is something like...

Keep an eye out from 5 to 9pm today. I'll intersperse match racing with T-Jets, 4-Gears, Super Stock and Street Stock.

And if there's anything left over, I'll carry it over to Thursday lunchtime.
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Classy custom Corvette on the right there  Cool
[+] 3 members Like Top Down's post

Following, every single word!!!!!!!

Wavegreen
Nico
[+] 1 member Likes nkarres's post

Talk about a dramatic entrance!  Glad they made it in time.  Kev’s cars must have showed the way.

Looking forward to some exciting racing action!
[+] 1 member Likes $Bill's post

Nostalgia T-Jet Eliminators

As they were already qualified and ready to go, the T-Jets took to the track first...

Top qualifier Rebecca had a bye in Round 1, meaning Ken and Bill were first to go...

Both were extremely sluggish over the eighth mile, but Ken came out on top by 0.103 seconds - 0.906 to 0.999.

The other first round race was quicker, Iain beating Andy by 0.092 seconds - 0.841 to 0.926. That put Iain straight through to the final.

Rebecca and Ken faced each other in the semi...

The yellow Dodge was much quicker off the line than the white 330 - however, Rebecca cruised past Ken before the line. A 0.076 second win - 0.774 to 0.859.

So we had our top two qualifiers in the final...

And this is what happened...

Hang on, what happened?

Iain was quicker off the line (okay, maybe not that much), but Rebecca powered through the line...

When was the pass made?

Yep, after the line. Iain hung on to win!

That was an exciting race to start today's action. Iain's Chevy regained some pace when it mattered - and became the first car in Victory Circle.

Here's the T-Jet ladder...

And the stats...

[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Kevan