Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2022 GT3 Proxy Race 1 Vancouver, BC, Canada

Gentlemen, the Twenty Seven GT3 cars are in Vancouver for race #1 with SuperSlab. Alwyn always puts on a great qualifying and race, thanks for taking this on Alwyn! Looking very forward to see how our cars perform in a race environment however with very cold below 10 Celsius temperatures, the heating at the track just isn't remotely up to the task of coping.   The race is holding off for a few days until things return to something closer to normal.
Rob
[+] 4 members Like Cgyracer's post

Good luck OXO Cube!

Wish I could be there with you, but after a mini post-shootout dip, I have re-engaged brain and started planning for the next series.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

(7th-Jan-22, 08:07 AM)BARacer Wrote:  Good luck OXO Cube!

thanks Jeremy
looking forward to the start ... hoping everyone is keeping safe in BC with their arctic blast 
tbh even if i come last .... i am happy already .... just qualifying is a dream for me 
btw ... will be joining you in the Auz proxy next year .... so good luck to you and Alan in that one this year  Thumbup

Kev
[+] 2 members Like OXO cube's post

Looks like Race #1 of the GT3 Proxy Series is set for Saturday 11AM Pacific Time in Vancouver, British Columbia at the Tanex Racetrack.  I will post the YouTube link here tomorrow when available.
Rob
[+] 2 members Like Cgyracer's post

Here is the order of the race grid for Saturday’s race.   Qualifying was held yesterday and the fastest times were significantly faster than the previous season at the same track just as predicted by the fast times seen at the shootout and Round 0 at MID-BC.

[Image: 827-A724-E-F2-DB-4-A14-8-F22-2-BB8-B1802152.jpg]

Some very very fast cars as you can see by the times.   Many cars are in tight at the 6.5 to 6.6 second range….over half the cars actually.

Here are last season’s qualifying results in comparison.  Significant improvements.

[Image: 4016-D569-2699-475-B-B64-B-7145013363-B6.jpg]
[+] 3 members Like Cgyracer's post

YouTube link for yesterday’s qualifying.

Amazing, I knock off 4/10ths and I’m still in 11th.  I thought the Vette was easier to drive than the Porsche.    We will see.  Good luck to everyone on Raceday.
[+] 1 member Likes Brumos RSR's post

Race Day Link:

Final Results of Race #1 of the 2022 GT3 Slot Car Proxy Series.  Congratulations to the great performance of JMS & PK_CZ from Czechia for their top two finish on the large 115 foot Tanex Race Track in Vancouver, British Columbia.

[Image: 5-AE9-D799-FCF1-470-E-9-E55-4072877-A7-A62.jpg]

Cars in order of finish.
[Image: 509-D698-C-ED9-D-4-C12-BE4-A-2-A9-CC87-E1697.jpg]

The Podium
[Image: 3806-E709-5-FDD-47-B7-95-D9-4757-A57-BE05-D.jpg]

Racers here is the overall standings after Race #1 in Vancouver, British Columbia hosted by Super Slab at the Tanex Raceway. Great job by the Czechia boys JMS & PK_CZ for a great race and beating me by lap! Overall all cars in this series were faster by quite a bit from last year so this really shows how we are upping our game every season. What is so impressive how we have very strict appearance standards in our high end Championship Proxy Series plus we keep upping the performance of these beautiful cars. Great job modeling everyone!

The penalties gathered from the inspection and Round 0 / Shootout qualifying are applied to the overall score.

#11 ALS - Disqualified - Body not painted. White kit clear coated.
#88 Ragtopman - 2 point deduction - loose weights falling out onto track in the qualifying shootout. Solution : Weights glued onto chassis.
#48 Rleog - 2 point deduction - identification name not labelled on bottom of chassis. Solution : Name applied to bottom of chassis.
#48 Rleog - 2 point deduction -body screws loose and one screw fell out onto track. Solution : Glued body screws
#23 OXO cube - 2 point deduction - identification name not labelled on bottom of chassis. Solution : Name applied to bottom of chassis.
#12 SR Hawaii - 5 point deduction - rear of chassis touching track. Solution : Ground rear of chassis to achieve clearance.

There will be no penalties incurred for the cars that had these mechanical issues during race #1 as per the rule:

If a car is damaged during a race, or has a mechanical issue, the owner will have the option to have the car returned at his cost, or have the track host repair the car. The impact (if any) to the results from that race will be the only penalty.

#48 Rleog had a suspension that came undone during race 1. The car was sent back to Rleog at his expense, suspension was repaired back to the original state. Car was sent to Smokeio for Race #2.
#88 Ragtopman had a broken guide shaft. Super Slab replaced the guide.
#93 DFRacing had braid issues. Super Slab separated the braids and trimmed the braid tips.

6 members Team International: PK_CZ, JMS, Jimmyslots, Camber, OXO cube, SR Hawaii
7 members Team Canada: F1Fan, Cgyracer, DFRacing, Lez, Loan Shark, SuperSlab, Leadfoot46,
14 members Team USA: Smokeio, Aloha,Steeveew, BrumosRSR,Rleog, Audi1,Redlynr, Ragtopman, Fast Co, CourtneyS, GSNOPOINT, Modernslots, Big Duhg, Arroldn

With that being said, Team International has a two point lead over Team Canada the defending two time champions who are seriously looking for a three peat!

Team International - 74 Points
Team Canada - 72 Points
Team USA - 63 Points

Reminder - as in all our previous seasons the 2 point "bonus" for the top qualifier does not go towards the team totals, only the race result points are applied. Top three individual race scores are added to the team's total.

[Image: CEDB4-C99-84-C7-4-CF0-8241-D11-C572-B637-F.png]

[Image: E87-BE86-A-22-AD-4321-97-F0-E5-B026485-E4-E.jpg]
[+] 2 members Like Cgyracer's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Kevan