Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Avant Slot LMP Tuning...

Below are the chassis I have for the r10, top to bottom, olifer 3dp for slot.it pod, amato 3dp for slot.it pod, avant slot hard.

As you can see the slot.it pod doesn't fit the avant chassis, pod is much shorter. 

On the olifer and amato chassis a flat 6 will just fit in aw, but doesn't leave much room for body rock, a little spacer in between the chassis and body sorts it and doesn't look too bad.

Unless I'm missing something a flat 6 doesn't actually fit in either the plastic or alloy avant pods as they don't cater for the lower profile. Both pods seem to have a removable centre piece so maybe they released or planned to release something that would allow it to work. 

It is open night tomorrow at the club so I will see what other people have done. 

I just checked on my past builds and a avant 908 inline with a 25k scale auto motor was 2/10ths on a 7sec lap slower than my best mosler (25k scale auto aw) so not bad at all. The r10 should be basically the same. I might run out of time to build for tomorrow night but if I have a pod all set up with a black or orange flat 6 I could quickly throw it together in the olifer chassis. 

Unless you race with magnetic motors and there's no magnetic limit I'd be putting a SW pod in the Olifer chassis with a Shark 25.  Fastest plastic chassis car round our routed club track is a Mosler in SW config (Evo 2 version is quicker than any that followed it).

Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

(24th-Nov-21, 09:48 PM)Kevan Wrote:  Unless you race with magnetic motors and there's no magnetic limit I'd be putting a SW pod in the Olifer chassis with a Shark 25.  Fastest plastic chassis car round our routed club track is a Mosler in SW config (Evo 2 version is quicker than any that followed it).

It is possible and would be allowed in our rules, but it's just not an aesthetic I could live with. There would need to be a big spacer on the back screw leaving a really unsightly gap (2mm at a guess?) between chassis and body.

On another note no one runs SW motors, in open class they just get blown away unfortunately, below is from Wales and west open gt 2020, one SW in the whole field, guess where it finished!

[+] 1 member Likes tatter06's post

Small steps...have ordered an Amato chassis for starters (an Olifer from SW would cost more than the car) and will transfer over the motor and gears just to get me running with a familiar setup. At some point I might go with an Olifer/Flat-6 arrangement as that will mirror our DiSCA car spec, but just running it for fun at the moment and getting some LMP slot miles under my belt.

I love puttering with gears

Well I didn't get very far with my Amato chassis build...i sorted out the fit around the front axle uprights, but when I then looked at the wire routing around the guide, that narrow pointed nose looked like it will trap the cables and restrict rotation.

So I have reverted back to the AS chassis and its quirky metal power strip guide arrangement and will run with that for now.

I love puttering with gears

Yes it's very tight, I don't know where it was from but I used some very thin orange lead wire, with this it is possible to stick the wires to the chassis just before the guide with only enough to allow rotation, it is possible but very tight, all the avant lmps suffer from this.
[+] 1 member Likes tatter06's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Savage GT
9th-Sep-21, 07:37 AM
Last Post by BARacer
1st-Feb-20, 10:41 AM