Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What cars have you built and latest bodies from 3DP

Is that plastic or resin John ?
Either way looks good, if its something you want to sell I am sure there are a few on this forum would be up for buying, including me if I can tear myself away from railway modeling  Rofl

It is FDM printed in PLA + so not resin, and yes this being my design will be for sale, so anyone interested drop me a PM.

Kit will be chassis, either IL or AW, body and driver interior tray and will see if I can obtain the transfers as well.

Here is the latest pics by my friend Lee who built up the shell & chassis painted and decaled. 

Cheers John

Mr Fit for Function.
[+] 3 members Like JMay's post

Porsche 550 coupe.

Printed chassis and wheels as well.

[+] 3 members Like chappyman66's post

That'll be a fun drive.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

(22nd-May-23, 08:47 AM)JMay Wrote:  It is FDM printed in PLA + so not resin, and yes this being my design will be for sale, so anyone interested drop me a PM.

Kit will be chassis, either IL or AW, body and driver interior tray and will see if I can obtain the transfers as well.

Here is the latest pics by my friend Lee who built up the shell & chassis painted and decaled. 

Cheers John

OOH! Yes please! Pattos does decals for everything NASCAR including trucks. Downside is that the site is a nightmare to navigate with no search function, endless scrolling to find what you want.
[+] 1 member Likes CMOTD's post

F150 Raptor.

Took the NASCAR truck CAD file and adjusted the wheelbase to suit the Mitoos chassis and other features to get to the F150 profile. This is designed around fitting to the Mitoos Patrol chassis as shown. 

Shell straight from printer test to fit on the chassis

Mitoos Patrol chassis

Cheers
           John

Mr Fit for Function.
[+] 6 members Like JMay's post

Various 50s LeMans cars.

Lister, a couple Masers, etc.

And a Mercedes.

And yes, the Porsche coupe is fun.

[+] 4 members Like chappyman66's post

I am so envious of your guys ability to create these bodies!! Fantastic,
[+] 1 member Likes Anthony B's post

Anthony,
Thanks for the compliment, it is appreciated by the 3dp forum members that have spent numerous hours either creating from scratch or downloading and modifying a body file into a suitable slot car shell.

3dp has come a long way in the last 10 years from home FDM ‘Meccano’ type printers to the latest FDM core XY printers which are @5x faster, have higher and more consistent quality plus greater reliability. Alongside these are the resin printers which are evolving to such a point that the parts produced are directly comparable to injection moulded parts.

Price wise in the UK, the 1st home nut & bolt kits started at @£800, now a new Ender 3 which requires only the gantry to be screwed on and plugs inserted is down to £139 and is capable of creating chassis’, bodies, and track accessories to a standard that far surpasses the first generation. Resin printers at 8K resolution are under £300 and the latest 12K are sub £400.

3dp is both affordable and accessible as there are vast library's of free or pay by model on the internet to download relevant to slot car racing, which in many cases can be sent direct to the printer and don't need CAD input.

Cheers
John

Mr Fit for Function.
[+] 3 members Like JMay's post

John is right.   3DP is accessible at the $200 level of investment.   Body files 3-4 years ago were hard to find but now many files are available for $20 or less.  When a $20 roll of filament makes 10-12 bodies and chassis, the list of projects become long very quickly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
6th-Dec-22, 11:34 AM
Last Post by Kevan
24th-Oct-21, 12:49 PM
Last Post by JMay
10th-Oct-21, 04:41 PM