Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Three Sisters

About 2 years ago we had a new member to the club, he didn't know a great deal but he liked racing the cars and started to learn the ropes.
I tend to build/set his cars up as he isn't too confident with working on them. As time went on he got to talking about needing more practice, he had a spare room so I suggested he have a routed track at home to practice on. After some thought he decided this was the way to go and I agreed to build, route and wire a track for him, and he was to do all the scenic stuff.

As he liked my track layout, we decided to do something very similar within his size constraints.
I came up with a track plan he liked, and we measured up the space and ordered the materials.

Then the pandemic came, so it was a case of working in between lockdowns and when I was free.

So an all in one pictorial build log, that in reality stretched over a fair amount of time ...

Boards constructed and put in situ:

Chalked out the track giving as much sliding room we could, we decided on 90mm lane distance to give better than Scalextric track width, but still allow a decent amount of sliding room.

Then it was routed and I left him to paint the basics on. First coats:

Then when he had finished all the kerbs, we put on the backdrop and sorted the fencing areas out.

And eventually on to laying the copper tape.

Then wiring, we went for a 2 position driver stations with simple extensions for maximum flexibility  of driver position and sight lines.

And then we began putting fences back and a little testing.

[+] 12 members Like Savage GT's post

Today I popped over to sort out the timing and here is where he is at now.
He has yet to add sponsor boards, fine details and finish up a few things that need tidying.

[+] 11 members Like Savage GT's post

Very nice indeed, well done. Wrench

Well done. I also like the neatly painted spectators in the grandstand. Thumbup

It looks amazing!

When can you come over and do the same here? I'm in Canada, eh!  Thumbup

Wonderful track - thanks for sharing - love it Thumbup

(30th-Aug-21, 01:20 PM)rallyhub Wrote:  Well done. I also like the neatly painted spectators in the grandstand. Thumbup

I think he bought them all pre-painted  Bigsmile
[+] 1 member Likes Savage GT's post

(31st-Aug-21, 06:23 AM)Savage GT Wrote:  
(30th-Aug-21, 01:20 PM)rallyhub Wrote:  Well done. I also like the neatly painted spectators in the grandstand. Thumbup

I think he bought them all pre-painted  Bigsmile
That is clever. Idea Thumbup

Cool track! It looks to have great flow. It just goes to show that you can have an amazing track even with somewhat limited space.

Hi Savage GT 

Lovely looking and fluid track plan youve created there .... It could almost be a drift track :-) !!!

I have notions of trying to route a track and this could be a nice one to base it on.

Could you tell me what size it is overall ?

cheers

Ian