Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Marc says Hi from Germany

Hey guys, thanks for having me!

My name is Marc, I'm 34 years old, I live in Germany with the worlds best wife and our two kids and I stumbled into slot racing about 4 years ago. I visited a friend of mine and he had a Carrera circuit set up in his small office (which was a mess) and it was great fun. I always dreamt of having a nice track myself when I was younger, so I took the opportunity and invested a lot of time and a lot of money into my own Carrera Digital track. I started with 1:32, no I'm mainly racing 1:24. This is my track: https://www.smartrace.de/carrera-strecken/5089-2/

When I race, I mostly do it together with my younger brother and some of our mutual friends. Most of the time we're racing 1:24 GT3, but sometimes we race 1:32 F1 (most recent models).

What convinced me to go with Carrera Digital was the Carrera bluetooth app which was quite new at that time. But when I first tried out the app, I was heavily disappointed because it was really not what I expected. It had a lot of issues and lacked a lot of features (which I assumed to be basic), which is why I eventually decided to create my own app. I never intended to publish or sell it, but in the end it worked out pretty well and now the app has been on the market for about 3 years. It's called SmartRace and you can take a look at www.smartrace.de/en if you like to.

Marc
[+] 1 member Likes qpwr's post

Stop posting lies Marc. Tappingfoot . I (!) have the world's best wife! Wrench
Just kidding.
Welcome und Grüße aus BW!
[+] 1 member Likes dvd3500's post

Welcome aboard Marc. Wavegreen

Hello Marc, great to see a Carrera fan here. Most UK slot racing centres around the Scalextric/Hornby world.
I'm strictly analogue though.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com