Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Motorsport memories and tales?

In 1986 Lambert Ley Street Models had a stand at the British GP at Brands Hatch. We had a young lad working for us who knew little about motor racing but was enthusiastic about plastic kits and hot rods. 
 The stand was pretty chaotic. We had 4 people behind the counter but as I was the one with the most knowledge I was kept particularly busy serving people and answering queries from customers being served by the others at the same time.

At one point the young lad came over and said "I got a geezer over here what wants to know about Brabhams so you need to speak to him". I moved down the counter and instantly recognised the gent who said that he had ordered a 1/43 Brabham model some time ago but had heard nothing. I explained that the kit was poor quality so it had been given to one of our part time modelmakers who was very good at making a silk purse from a sows ear but his builds took a long time and asked for his patience. He was happy that I knew exactly what was going on and left.

After he had gone I turned to the young lad and said " you know that geezer what wanted to know about Brabhams. Well his name is Gordon Murray and he designs them"!
[+] 3 members Like autoavia's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by dvd3500
3rd-Jul-20, 03:27 PM