Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SlotiT Motors

Hi folks,

I know nothing about modern slot car motors apart from the fact that the fbest I have tried is an NSR King 50. All the other seems to have no grunt at all.

I have a few of the small cans from various sources but don't know what the differences are. Specifically, I put a brown end bell SlotiT motor in my Thunderslot McLaren (the original resides in a ProSlot Toyota and is nice and smooth) so guests could have something that stayed on the track but wasn't too quick. Not too quick is a joke...it's pathetic. One the other hand, I have an orange endbell motor in an inline chassis of some sort and it's decently quick if by no means fast. I think I might swap them.

Does anyone know the ratings of the various coloured end bells? I've looked online but there doesn't seem to be a definitive guide.

Ahhh Gordon Gordon Gordon!!  Surely you know that orange slides through the air quicker than any other colour!!!

All Slot.it Orange/brick red endbells are supposed to be 23k rpm, but the earlier ones were listed as 21.5k.
Slot.It maintain there is no difference, I'll take that with a pinch of salt.
To confuse the matter, modern Slot IT GT cars have a white endbell motor also rated at 23k. if you buy a white endbell slot it motor individually its rated as 29k  Banghead

If you are used to running 16d motors and the like, I imagine they will all seem gutless.

(14th-Aug-21, 01:50 PM)Savage GT Wrote:  All Slot.it Orange/brick red endbells are supposed to be 23k rpm, but the earlier ones were listed as 21.5k.
Slot.It maintain there is no difference, I'll take that with a pinch of salt.
To confuse the matter, modern Slot IT GT cars have a white endbell motor also rated at 23k. if you buy a white endbell slot it motor individually its rated as 29k  Banghead

If you are used to running 16d motors and the like, I imagine they will all seem gutless.

Thanks. Yes indeed, this is the problem. Compared with the Muras and 26Ds they do lack a little grunt! I still get surprised how rapid some of them are though as the chassis are so good. I've fixed the Thunderslot problem though, found a Shark 40 that is quite good and the McLaren now goes as it should. The mounting holes in the back were stripped so it's all hot glued in and very smooth. No tyres left on it and it's dragging a bit so I'll have to see if Slot Car Union carry spares. Getting stuff from the UK is a bit dodgy.

PS. Rats! Just looked and they don't carry Thunderslot at all. I'll have to try the 'orrible people in Spain that I bought it from. Service? Wots that then?

Gordon, You seem to like the quicker motors,....If you are looking for more performance/quality, look at either the Proslot Euro Mk1, and some of the JK Hawk motors..........these are sized (can and endbell) so that they will snap directly into any motor pod that uses a FC-130 (Slot-it,NSR etc.) motor.

AB Slotsport (UK), Professor Motor, PCH, Mid America, etc. etc. sell a variety of these, and they come in various specs from mild to wild...........they are rebuildable, have proper magnets/brushes/springs, are inexpensive, and the the quicker ones are used in many 1/24th commercial track spec classes, and are impressively quick.

For home use you may want to look at

ProSlot Euro Mk1 4001.(37K) , or the ProSlot Euro Mk1 4002..(47K).......both of these have very good torque due to their high gauss magnets.......................or,...you can buy one with a GP 12 arm, poly neo magnets, goldust brushes and ballraces both ends  Talking

Here is a "4001" in a Slot-it motor pod..........they will fit anywhere a FC-130 is currently used.

[Image: DSCN2777-copy.jpg]
[+] 3 members Like chrisguyw's post

(14th-Aug-21, 02:56 PM)chrisguyw Wrote:  Gordon, You seem to like the quicker motors,....If you are looking for more performance/quality, look at either the Proslot Euro Mk1, and some of the JK Hawk motors..........these are sized (can and endbell) so that they will snap directly into any motor pod that uses a FC-130 (Slot-it,NSR etc.) motor.

AB Slotsport (UK), Professor Motor, PCH, Mid America, etc. etc. sell a variety of these, and they come in various specs from mild to wild...........they are rebuildable, have proper magnets/brushes/springs, are inexpensive, and the the quicker ones are used in many 1/24th commercial track spec classes, and are impressively quick.

For home use you may want to look at

ProSlot Euro Mk1 4001.(37K) , or the ProSlot Euro Mk1 4002..(47K).......both of these have very good torque due to their high gauss magnets.......................or,...you can buy one with a GP 12 arm, poly neo magnets, goldust brushes and ballraces both ends  Talking

Here is a "4001" in a Slot-it motor pod..........they will fit anywhere a FC-130 is currently used.

[Image: DSCN2777-copy.jpg]

Thanks Chris,

My main problem is availability around here. The one big dealer I have used carries all the usuals NSR etc but not Thunderslot for the tyres I need. I've found a dealer in Germany who looks promising but trying to translate all the headings is proving time consuming! They seem to stock most things so I'll keep plodding on.

PS. Just found a Firefox extension that automatically translates websites....some time saved and tyres found
[+] 2 members Like Gordon Steadman's post
Big Grin 

Hi Gordon, Andy Brown Searle (AB Slotsport) is in the UK, and carries the ProSlot Euro Mk1 motor range..........(website in English  Bigsmile

He is a good guy to deal with, and really knows his stuff,.........been in the business for ages.

Chris Walker

(14th-Aug-21, 06:59 PM)chrisguyw Wrote:  Hi Gordon, Andy Brown Searle (AB Slotsport) is in the UK, and carries the ProSlot Euro Mk1 motor range..........(website in English  Bigsmile

He is a good guy to deal with, and really knows his stuff,.........been in the business for ages.

Chris Walker
I'm in France Chris. Since Brexit, postage has got sporadic not to mention expensive.

Gordon, Don Siegel lives in France, and would very likely know where to source the ProSlot motors locally, if there is a local source. If you know him, I am sure he would be happy to help, or, if you do not know him , I will be happy to ask.

Cheers
Chris Walker

(14th-Aug-21, 07:18 PM)chrisguyw Wrote:  Gordon, Don Siegel lives in France, and would very likely know where to source the ProSlot motors locally, if there is a local source. If you know him, I am sure he would be happy to help, or, if you do not know him , I will be happy to ask.

Cheers
Chris Walker
Don and I are team mates! AAR....the modern version of AngloAmericanRacers! I think of  him as a friend too.

Here we are with me looking somewhat grumpy after our car was almost destroyed by being put in the wrong lane on a 16 metre straight!

He doesn't do modern stuff being strictly a retro guy. I am really as well but we had a race at Bordeaux (Bordo) a couple of years ago which was for modern cars and I had to buy a couple specially. I fitted both - one SlotiT Ferrari and the Thunderslot McLaren with NSR Shark 32 motors. They went OK. The Thunderslot is now dragging on one side at the back so I need some new tyres.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post