Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Belgian Kyalami - my Revell Track build

This looks great already Anthony.  A big sun-lamp might set the right mood!

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post

Thanks Leo - Bigsmile 

Made some track changes - but to be honest still not happy - so one minor mod to follow Sun .  For those of you that have built tracks - was this process the same for you?

Changes to essess area:

A few of the hundreds of spectators I have - been collecting since 1995 !

[+] 4 members Like Anthony B's post

Love the sunbathing spectators!

You could do a 'lessons learnt' on your track tweaks so we can follow your thinking (well I would like to know!)

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

Good Idea Jeremy - will do that ......

The transformer from Germany arrived this am.  It is a 0-30v and 0-10A power supply. What was the first surprise was the size - it is much smaller that those I have seen before.In the pic below it is next to my computer mouse - so size is comparable.  The second was - it works superbly - ths difference to track performance from my old converted computer power supply is like chalk and cheese. I am really pleased.

[+] 3 members Like Anthony B's post

So playing with elevation has started - dont have anywhere enough foamcore and absolutely no newspaper. cant believe that!!!!! [Image: rofl.gif] [Image: rofl.gif] 

The track still works which is great. I need a run to the local tip to clean out more space - way too much clutter.

Have tacked down the track as well so it will not move .  I need to move the table slightly to get to the other side of the main straight, so have bolted together the 2 seperate tables so will be able to move it when I have gotten rid of the clutter.

Difficult to show the elevation at this point but - this is what it looks like at the moment.

view from the other side....

The rise to leeuwkop was radical at the real track, and tried to imitate that without being ridiculous.
[+] 7 members Like Anthony B's post

Great progress Anthony, keep up the momentum.
At first I thought the GTO was a Revell version - that would have been a nice touch.

Do you have some Revell cars to run on the track?

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

The GTO is Revell Leo.  Rofl
[+] 1 member Likes Anthony B's post

Excellent!  Well done Anthony.
The nice shiny exhausts fooled me.

Leo

Molotow liquid Chrome on exhausts.
[+] 1 member Likes Anthony B's post

The Revell contingent: I can understand why they were so popular in the sixties - for straight out of the box type cars they go well on the home track.

Then the batch of cars I have been very happily messing - I mean racing with, including for the eagle eyed, some of the cars I will be taking to Roncole verde in October ;)

Man those old  Bentleys are such a blast to drive. They are first issue tupe and hold the track well for their size. The Alfas are the re-release type and while they are faster in a strauight line , tio easily because of the more modern 1980's guides.

[+] 7 members Like Anthony B's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by niklasw
10th-Mar-24, 10:03 PM
Last Post by Kevan
14th-Jan-24, 09:48 PM
Last Post by DPJ
11th-Jan-24, 05:53 AM
Last Post by gref
23rd-Nov-23, 04:26 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed