Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Royal Mail !

I recently discovered the online click and drop function.
Put in package weight, delivery address and value etc, print your label at home, pop down the PO get a stamp or receipt and job done, all for a few pence less than paying at the counter.

Until today .....  One parcel had several cars so the best option for cost and insurance cover was 48 hour track and trace, paid printed and off to the local PO I go.
"sorry sir, thats a tracked item we can't do that, nearest one is in the nearby town, so I look up address and go there ... "sorry sir .... you will have to go to the depot for that"
When I got to the depot no one was answering the customer desk buzzer and the door was locked  Tappingfoot
Luckily I went round the back and accosted a member of staff to sign the paperwork and put it in the collections box.

It is all part of the Post Office, all on the same website, why on earth can't any local PO do it  Cussing

Next time I have to use that particular service, I am paying the 79p extra to get it picked up  Rofl

The Royal Mail web services need a process audit.  When I drop off a pre-paid parcel, the branch staff ignore the "proof of posting" that I take with me and print the document from their system. A minor inconvenience but I know that the day I don't take the note with me, they will want it.

Like many, my branch is at the back of a convenience store and one Saturday I wanted to check what time the PO counter closed. The Royal-Mail web site info stated 10pm which was obviously the time the store closed. I complained (well, I am at the age where it is expected!) and they changed the times for my branch but I notice that the branch in the next town still has the store hours.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

Am getting a small parcel picked up tomorrow by our postie. Got to say, 79p well spent in the current climate. 

My moan is that until I nailed it today, I was always going on both the Royal Mail and Post Office websites to try and find the 'click and print label' service.

I love puttering with gears

It is not generally realised that the Post Office and Royal Mail became separate entities after privatisation in 2013. Royal Mail is now a private delivery company while the Post Office remained in government ownership and has no responsibility for mail delivery. Most of the problems people encounter are due to this weird split. They do have an agreement for the Post Office to sell stamps and receive mail on the Royal Mail's behalf but that is about the limit of their cooperation.

We have a village Post Office where I live, it is well run with friendly efficient staff. Likewise our village posties are great but a problem arises when they are unable to deliver a parcel for any reason. Instead of leaving it at the village Post Office for collection they are obliged to return it to the Royal Mail depot which is in a market town 8 miles away and has very limited opening hours! Tappingfoot

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by CMOTD
11th-Dec-23, 11:43 AM
Last Post by BARacer
5th-Feb-23, 09:33 AM