Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Norwich Race Reports

Goodwood Cup third round race report by Ken Mason:

A fine nights racing with the ever competitive and rather lovely Goodwood Cup cars. Thunderslot Lolas and McLarens are gradually achieving dominance over the NSR cars but there's not a lot in it.

Applause tonight for the drives by Mark Grieves, who made the B final and Andy Taylor who did the same plus Mark Riches who drove a fault free race to win the D final.

And that's where we start. Mark was up against Kate and the very experienced Paul Hassall and while Kate was left behind the other two traded fastest laps until Paul made a mistake leaving Mark to win by almost a lap in the end.

Peter Rix was driving his tiny Slot.It Ferrari 312 and as usual it was deceptively fast with lots of corner speed, Peter just winning from a fast closing Stuart. Ralph, who had set the fastest lap of the night in the heats, was third with Mark Riches fourth.

Terry Howard was initially headed by Mark Grieves at the start of the B final but gradually drew away to win while Mark stayed second, Peter was third and Andy Taylor at the back.

Nigel was racing his new birthday present, an orange Thunderslot McLaren, and it lined up in the A final alongside my Mclaren, Terry's T70 and Keith's NSR P68. 

Nigel and I took turns in the lead for several laps until I managed to pull away to win with Nigel second, Terry third and Keith fourth.

Next week its the Saloons and can I remind everyone to bring their £10 annual  subscription, otherwise Lynn will be on their case....

Ken        25

Nigel       23

Terry       21

Keith       20

MarkG     19

Peter        18

AndyT       17

Stuart        16

Ralph         15

MarkR        14

Paul            13

Kate            12