Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UK HO Drag Proxy Series 2021-22 - Race #1 May 2021

Round 2

Clive had a bye in the second round, completing a solo run in 0.658 seconds. First to race were Sue and Rebecca...

The Boxster took this surprisingly easily, Sue not being able to replicate her sensational run of the previous round. The winning margin for the tenth qualifier was 0.038 seconds. Rebecca was through to the semi-finals with a time of 0.684.

Jane threw down another very quick time - 0.650 - to comfortably beat Rose by 0.089 seconds. The Peugeot clocked 0.732.

That just left Jerome and Laura. The Aston had an amazing start and held on to win by 0.051 seconds. Laura's time was the best of the elimination rounds so far - a 0.640, against Jerome's 0.683.

Next are the semis...
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Semi Finals

This is what happened...

Clive got past Rebecca with a 0.042 winning margin - their ETs 0.657 to 0.695.

The other race was ridiculously dramatic. Jane got a 0.006 hold shot on reaction time, but Laura closed down the Nissan. All eyes went to the results screen - Jane had a hole shot win of 0.005 seconds. First through the line is the winner - even if Laura's ET of 0.642 was 0.001 quicker! Wow...
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Micro Scalextric Street Stock Final

Clive lined up against Jane in the final...

And this happened...

Clive got the better start - 0.004 seconds quicker through the line and a slim early lead...

Then Jane shifted up a  gear and it was over...

Clive really needed that blistering speed from qualifying, but it wasn't there today...

Yet another final win for Jane - although she really had to work for it this time!

Here's the ladder...

And the stats...

I hope you've enjoyed the coverage this time. The aim is to get cars on their way tomorrow or Friday. I'm presuming international cars are staying for next time... but let me know if you want them sent back to base - overseas postage seems almost back to pre-Covid normality, so that two-month turnaround should be possible.
[+] 5 members Like woodcote's post

Andy,

Thanks a million for hosting! Great photos too.

Congrats to the winners!  Thumbup
[+] 5 members Like KensRedZed's post

Wow... Was not expecting that! 

A good night's sleep obviously did Razzle Dazzle a world of good. Perhaps qualifying brought out a few aches and pains after the break and things were a bit looser this evening.

Thanks for all your efforts Woodcote. You have attracted a gorgeous set of beautifully presented cars for these events, and ours from Eastbourne.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 3 members Like BARacer's post

UK cars went in the post first thing this morning, so should be with you Friday / Saturday.

Eastbourne & Southampton cars are staying on until July.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

(19th-May-21, 06:41 PM)woodcote Wrote:  Match Racing - Round 3

The one match race that is level pegging is the Micro 2019 encounter between Iain's 32 Ford and Alan's Corvette. The coin toss put Iain back into the left lane...

Alan was away quick and crossed the line 0.019 of a second ahead. Both cars were pretty rapid - the Corvette clocking 0.442 seconds and 11.769 mph, Iain's Ford 0.454 and 10.146.

Congrats to Alan on two match race wins this time, Bill picking up a win against Rebecca.

Don't forget, if you want to send an extra car or two for some match racing, it would be great to see even more variety. How about some 1970s Pro Stockers on Aurora or AW 3-Gear AFX, Magnatraction or X-Traction chassis, sticking to the NTRA pancake rules? Auto World seem to be continuing with their X-Traction Pro Stock range, so that might be inspiration for another Nostalgia theme...
Andy,

It was great fun racing with all of you again!

Doing some match racing with early Pro Stockrs sound like a nice addition.

Thank you,
Bill
[+] 3 members Like $Bill's post

A great race meeting as usual from Andy. Congratulations to the winners Thumbup.
My cars arrived home today and I also think the addition of the Pro Stocker class would be a good addition to the meetings.
[+] 3 members Like Mazda's post

I may already have a few old/used X-traction or Magnatraction cars/chassis collecting dust somewhere. Count me in for Pro Stock.  Thumbup
[+] 3 members Like KensRedZed's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM