Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro-Slot PS-4001 Motor

'Tis a thing of beauty!

Without a can on the end, it's easy to see the brushes and all the bits that make up a motor.

Just need a car and race series to put it in.

Real motors start at 37k!

I love puttering with gears

Likewise I cant wait to get up the club to see how this beastie performs Tappingfoot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen
[+] 1 member Likes Qman's post

So is that a 4001?

Have you simply soldered the power wires onto the two tabs?

What car is it in?

So many questions...so much time to waste!

I love puttering with gears

(1st-May-21, 12:25 PM)BARacer Wrote:  So is that a 4001?

What car is it in?

That is a JK "Hawk".......and like your  ProSlot, it comes in a few variations, and yes, you solder the leads directly to the tabs. 
Both the "HawK and the ProSlot "Euro" are widely used in the lower/mid  levels of commercial track racing.

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 2 members Like chrisguyw's post

(1st-May-21, 12:25 PM)BARacer Wrote:  So is that a 4001?

What car is it in?

Mines a JK Hawk, cant remember which one, yes the lead wires solder directly to the tabs.

The chassis is a JS FAW1176 from John May, a special he did for me but now lists for sale, it has floating bodymounts and will have a lexan shell held on the old fashioned way with 4 pins, had it for a long time now, only got around to building it during the first lockdown so as yet it hasn't turned a wheel.
If I remember correctly the motor has a claimed 48k rpm

I have yet to connect the lead wires to the guide

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 member Likes Qman's post

These motors are certainly a different beast to what's in a standard plastic slot car. Even at the RTR entry-level end, like the Parma 16D in my Flexi -2 chassis below, they'll be pulling a good 3 amps or so...

There are two BSCRA clubs in our part of the world that run motors like this - Roedale in Brighton and South Downs in Barnham. The motors are fitted into a range of 1/24 and 1/32 metal chassis, topped with lexan bodies. There's a good resource about motors on the BSCRA website: www.bscra.org.uk/motor
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

I know Roedale very well, I first raced in their 1971 Open where I won Best Newcomer, the prize was a Weller soldering iron (which I still have), my last visit would have been 5 years ago on one of my trips 'up country'.
I know Ant who I believe runs or helps run the South Downs club, and if I'm not mistaken their track is an ex BSCRA Nationals track which I would have raced on a few times before they got it.

[+] 2 members Like Qman's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Charlie
22nd-Apr-23, 08:49 AM
Last Post by BARacer
26th-Oct-22, 09:08 PM
Last Post by Farrout1
17th-Feb-22, 04:23 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
21st-Jul-21, 04:59 PM