Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TRANS AM -Revell 60's

Thanks for all the kind help. Looked at the fusion paint but 65 euros to get it here is beyond the pale. ?. I do have snd have used an auto plastic primer but it still crack . Ho hum . And as I am in denial at the moment I just decided what the heck.....  and I jus painted them. It won’t last but what the heck. 

This is where I am at ...

(6th-Apr-21, 03:55 PM)Anthony B Wrote:   I jus painted them. It won’t last but what the heck. 

This is where I am at ...

Anthony, just drive slow, and don't fall off.......... Bigsmile

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 1 member Likes chrisguyw's post

Hi Anthony
A bit late now but Chris mentioned a paint for polypropylene. This similar stuff is available in UK "Homebase" stores, perhaps also in Belgium? Not sure how it will take your finish coats though?
Eddie

@Eddie - tahnks for the info.  I know the moment travel opens I will take a trip accross and visit Halfords and now homebase. Although I dont know what It will cost me when we go back - in taxes etc :)

Just crossed my mind Eddie - how did you paint that mirage that you raced at Borrdo the one year? That is polypropalene as well??

@Chris - my thoughts exactly!!!

I used automotive plastic bumper primer followed by same brand automotive light blue. Orange stripes, numbers etc were decals from Phil. I still have it and paints still firmly attached despite being used at many meetings since.
Conversely, I tried the same process on a Super Shells Lotus Elite and could'nt get the primer to stick!??

(7th-Apr-21, 08:40 AM)Anthony B Wrote:  I know the moment travel opens I will take a trip accross and visit Halfords and now homebase.

It's going to be a world cruise for me!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

The finished Mercury and Camaro - waiting for decals for the Mustang.

[+] 1 member Likes Anthony B's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Anthony B
13th-Oct-20, 08:44 AM