Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lint Roller Track Cleaner

Hello Kevin,
I would see Clubs as being prime users of a track-cleaning vehicle so the cost aspect would not be such a problem. Other potential customers would be people who have large home layouts and the cost-benefit consideration would be less of a problem to such people.  Obviously, people who have small home layouts (like me!) would not find a high-ish cost appealing.

The reality of course is that you are unlikely to make a fortune selling slot-car track cleaning vehicles and there is no point in selling/providing them at a loss.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 2 members Like Scuderia_Turini's post

(5th-Apr-21, 08:28 PM)Nonfractal Wrote:  
(3rd-Apr-21, 08:38 PM)Krpepe Wrote:  
(3rd-Apr-21, 04:00 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  Every time I see someone showing one of these, I wonder why a manufacturer has not produced one. (I know there was a small manufacturer who did offer one but it vanished quickly)

The IKEA lint-rollers are a global product these days so one based on those would be quite popular.
If I recall correctly, the offered unit could automatically run on batteries or track-power to cover situations where the track is really dusty/dirty.

Leo
Leo,

I actually have a design to use the ikea lint rollers and would gladly consider selling this. The main problem that I see is cost.

Kevin

Kevin,
Instead of thinking in terms of selling complete units, why not look at alternatives?
You could sell the 3d parts only and leave everything else to the buyer. 
I don't know any slotters who don't have a box full of of tyres and motors. 

Or
List the design on shapeways? 
Alan W
Alan, Those are excellent ideas. I think I will most likely sell it as a partially assembled unit without tires or electronics. Lets be honest, I am not looking to get rich of of this but do want to at least cover my time. Thank you for the input. I currently want to run this for awhile to see if I find any issues before I offer it for sale. I might also consider using shapeways. I would have to put together a good BOM and set of instructions for building it.

Thanks again for your input, I truly appreciate it!
Kevin
[+] 1 member Likes Krpepe's post

(5th-Apr-21, 10:14 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  Hello Kevin,
I would see Clubs as being prime users of a track-cleaning vehicle so the cost aspect would not be such a problem. Other potential customers would be people who have large home layouts and the cost-benefit consideration would be less of a problem to such people.  Obviously, people who have small home layouts (like me!) would not find a high-ish cost appealing.

The reality of course is that you are unlikely to make a fortune selling slot-car track cleaning vehicles and there is no point in selling/providing them at a loss.

Leo
Leo,

All great points! I think I might attempt to sell it as partially assembled with out the electronics and tires. I really would like everyone to have one because it makes cleaning so much easier. I personally think that is the only way I can sell it for a reasonable price. I am definitely not looking to get rich but do want to cover my time doing it. Thank you for your input, I truly appreciate it!

Kevin
[+] 2 members Like Krpepe's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Scuderia_Turini
14th-Apr-19, 10:45 PM