Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Brighton to John o'Groats Road Race -Proxy Event

Graham

Check his tyre treatment...

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

I would be checking for magnets if it sticks to the track that good upside down  Bigsmile

But I really love that Mustang, I have it and very nearly put it in for the Race myself......oh well perhaps next time. But very glad Mike is entering it  Cool

At £12.45 the Mustang was a bargain. It’s as it came out of the box, all that’s been done is true the tyres and glue the motor and add an interior. As long as it finishes we will be happy!

Wavegreen GOOD AFTERNOON

We have corrected the itinerary route map with the correct garage name at Edinburgh  Bigsmile

.pdf Proxy Map (3).pdf Size: 109.97 KB  Downloads: 125

We received 6 car entries so far, the biggest issue has been the guide flag depth, quite a few coming in at 6.3 or 7mm. So with the owners permission I have been trimming them down to 6mm. The Rally guys will be more familiar with the  requirement for the shallow guides as they are often competing on plastic tracks made from Scalextric or SCX Classic track sections. If slot it or Scaleauto standard guides are fitted they are 7mm and will need trimming. NSR make a shallow 6mm short or long guide which I think is ideal if it can be fitted in your guide location hole.

Sponsored by
www.pendleslotracing.co.uk
www.georgeturnermodels.com
www.racingreplicas.co.uk
Amato Slot Car Chassis Design

Been working on my TR4 for class c. It’s not the fastest thing in the world but it’s such a hoot to drive. Just brought it in to get cracking with the interior/decals etc and find that one of the tail lights has been knocked off, guessing it knocked a barrier a bit hard during testing. Absolutely no chance of finding it in the cabin where my track is as it could have flown off anywhere. So frustrating. Don’t know what to do with it now  Tappingfoot

[+] 2 members Like AdeC's post

personally , i would remove the remaining tail light and store it with the bumpers  Bigsmile
paint new tail light colours 
the lost tail light will inevitably turn up ...... eventually 
then you can re-attach both
[+] 1 member Likes OXO cube's post

Oh dear Ade that really is a shame, mind you the rules do say that small details like mirrors can be omitted.

Still love to see the TR4   Heart

Perhaps temporarily you could put a dash of colour paint where the light cluster should be, I am sure the actual light cluster will materialise again when you least expect.

Hello AdeC,
Yes, please send it, sounds like and interesting drive to give the hosts a bit of respite.  As OXO-Cube says, the tail-light will turn up eventually. In fact I can tell you where it will be.  It will be in the last place you look for it. (Apologies!)

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

If you want to find that lost component, order  new one. 
The lost one will then  certainly turn up in a place you've already looked several times. Bigsmile

AlanW

Wavegreen GOOD MORNING

Had a few more entries arrive, still seeing issues with
1) Magnets fitted- Not allowed in any of the classes
2) Guide flag depth in excess of 6mm or too thick greater than 1.7mm- cars will not run in the guide slots of classic Scalextric/SCX track. And wood guides which are around 2mm thick will not go round the Scalextric Sport hairpin bends.
3) No interior/driver in blacked out Scalex std cars- A substitute driver with minimum interior must be included, no autonomous  cars allowed.

I am also running the cars around the Rally (B Road track) without timing to ensure there are no unforeseen issues, so far so good.

Here is a photo of my own car progress, although they still need abit more work.

And here is a up to date list of the teams names so far received

.pdf Team names.pdf Size: 15.05 KB  Downloads: 104

Sponsored by
www.pendleslotracing.co.uk
www.georgeturnermodels.com
www.racingreplicas.co.uk
Amato Slot Car Chassis Design

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR