Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Brighton to John o'Groats Road Race -Proxy Event

Thanks for the Triumph TR4 info..

I have an Airfix kit, so now have a clue what to do with it  Sun
[+] 1 member Likes Gpa113's post

Wavegreen GOOD MORNING, 5 DAYS LEFT, BEFORE FINAL SCRUTINEERING  Time

After a few quiet days, I received 4 more Teams cars this week so far, and hopefully more today

This is the list of teams and cars which have passed scrutineering up to yesterday evening.

[attachment=13943]

Sponsored
www.pendleslotracing.co.uk
www.georgeturnermodels.com
www.racingreplicas.co.uk
Amato Slot Car design
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post

Wavegreen 4 DAYS LEFT FOR SCRUTINEERING  Time

We had 3 more Team cars arrive yesterday which passed scrutineering and road test.

[attachment=13964]

Sponsored by
www.racingreplicas.co.uk
Amato Slot Car Design
[+] 3 members Like Graham's post

Wavegreen JUST 3 DAYS LEFT FOR SCRUTINEERING  Time

2 more team arrivals yesterday, still 4 more expected

Updated List of cars that have been received, scrutineered and road tested.

.pdf BTJOG Teams update.pdf Size: 29.48 KB  Downloads: 145

Some of you keen eyed folks may notice that 3 cars have moved from Class B to Class C, this is mostly because they enable us to have a more balanced number for entrants for all three classes, but also because technically they are better suited to be in class C in regard to being a "Tour de France "type car. The slot car assembly has been deemed as within the technical rules. This has been agreed by consultation with the teams concerned.

Sponsored
www.racingreplicas.co.uk
Amato Slot Car Design

Wavegreen 2 DAYS TO GO FOR SCRUTINEERING.

I received another teams cars yesterday, and a returned car after the team managed secure the services of a driver. I am aware of possible shipping delays to the last 3 teams, so we will hang on as long as we dare.

So the updated list of scrutineered cars after yesterday's entry

.pdf BTJOG Teams update.pdf Size: 29.64 KB  Downloads: 113

Sponsored
www.racingreplicas.co.uk
Amato Slot Car Design

Wavegreen HELLO FOLKS, LAST DAY OF SCRUTINEERING WENT BY VERY QUIETLY. 

However there are still 3 Teams with cars on their way, 2 sets of cars should be here by tomorrow

There might be a short delay to our Car Presentation day next weekend, but the race will definitely start as scheduled on the 24th April in Brighton.

Sponsored
www.racingreplicas.co.uk
Amato Slot Car Design

Wavegreen HELLO TO THE LAST POST ON THIS THREAD - A NEW "BRIGHTON TO JOHN O'GROATS " RACE REPORT THREAD OPENING SHORTLY.

We had the final 2 out of 3 of the last team cars arrive yesterday (one team is still in transit but will be sent onto Brighton as soon as available in the hope that it can take part in the start of the race proper on the 24th April)

However the other 27 Teams have been checked, road tested and ready to be shipped onto Brightelmstone Garage at Brighton for the photoshoot presentation video on Sunday at 7.0 pm

.pdf BTJOG Teams Final.pdf Size: 29.73 KB  Downloads: 157

Again I would like to express my gratitude to all those entrants/ Teams who have spent a great deal of time and effort preparing their entry cars for this momentous slot car event. I never anticipated this level of participation and I hope we can fulfil everyone expectations for an exciting month to come.

So who has the fastest Scalextric & Unlimited slot cars, and what will they be; Rally, Touring, Sports, Muscle ?

And our Commemorative "Tour De France" has a real divergence of slot cars from those classic motor cars years, the GT40's seem to have been a popular choice, but overall will they take the win for their class ?

Who's car will be judged the winner of the best prepared model for the "George Turner award"

And finally which Team will win the Slot Car "Brighton to John O'Groats run" Trophy  Bigsmile

I really have not a clue, what do you think ?

Sponsored
www.racingreplicas.co.uk
Amato Slot Car Design
[+] 5 members Like Graham's post

The Brighthelmstone crew are preparing for the presentation of all the cars Sunday evening at 7pm.
[+] 6 members Like woodcote's post

The crew are working overtime, putting some finishing touches to the start ramp...

Don't forget to visit the race report thread for 7pm.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM