Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Will a chip fit?

I'm looking at a couple of Scalextric cars that have the engine mounted close behind the guide blade, and I'm wondering there's room for a chip in there.  Specifically, I'm curious about the Jaguar E Type and the Ferrrari 250 GTO.  I don't have either car in hand, and the only pictures I can find leave me wondering.  Thanks in advance for any experience or insight you can share.
[+] 1 member Likes Doug1048's post

Welcome Doug  Wavegreen

Although he hasn’t been round these parts much recently, GregK did post some wonderful ideas for ‘difficult to chip’ cars here: https://slotracer.online/community/showt...hp?tid=848

Mostly you’re looking to put the C7005 chip down the side of the motor (always important to insulate it from the metal of the motor can) and pop the LED about 10mm behind the guide.

Thanks for the helpful link.  I think I'll take the plunge and give it a go.  Looks like fun.
[+] 1 member Likes Doug1048's post

(23rd-Feb-21, 10:21 PM)Doug1048 Wrote:  I'm looking at a couple of Scalextric cars that have the engine mounted close behind the guide blade, and I'm wondering there's room for a chip in there.  Specifically, I'm curious about the Jaguar E Type and the Ferrrari 250 GTO.  I don't have either car in hand, and the only pictures I can find leave me wondering.  Thanks in advance for any experience or insight you can share.

I have the Scalextric E Type and following instructions I believe from the Slot Forum database, was able to find a place for a retro fit chip by removing some of the interior moulding and mounting the chip adjacent to the inside of the passenger door.

In case anyone is curious how this came out.  I chipped both cars successfully.  It wasn't particularly challenging, there was sufficient room alongside the motor.  So now you know.
[+] 4 members Like Doug1048's post

Hello Doug,
Well done for getting the chip and LED installed and also for feeding back to the community.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com