Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Avant Slot 2021 Plans

Spanish slot car manufacturer Avant Slot  have revealed some of their 2021 plans over the past few weeks. Expected very soon are two new six-wheel-drive MAN Dakar trucks...

Avant Slot 50411 - MAN Truck 6x6 'KH-7' Team Epsilon - 2020 Dakar Rally - Jordi Juvanteny, Jose Luis Criado & Xavier Domenech. RRP £135.

Avant Slot 50410 - MAN Truck 6x6 'Monster Energy' assistance truck 2009 Dakar Rally. RRP £135.

Both trucks have six-wheel-drive, a drop arm guide and suspension all around. They are available for pre-order at MRE and Pendles.

Another support vehicle is a collaboration with artisan modellers Resinas Maralic...

Avant Slot / Maralic 1902 - Lancia Martini Fiat Van. RRP £195.

Avant Slot report that the mould stage is complete and development of the prototype has commenced. This will be a slot van...

And there is a high level of detail inside and out...

This collaboration follows the sensational Opel support vehicle produced last year (see article here).

Finally, you may have seen the announcement that Avant Slot are releasing a 1/32 scale construction range...

Alas, it was the Spanish equivalent of an April Fool's joke... of course Bigsmile

We'll bring you more Avant Slot news when we have it.
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post

I was laughing before I got to the bottom. Good one Andy.
I was almost expecting to see "New for 2021... The Morris J-Van!"  Wrench
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post

Those construction models were a good laugh... but the others are very real.

The two Dakar trucks are on their way from Spain and are scheduled to arrive with the UK distributor on Wednesday this week...

Thanks to Steve at Staffs Slot Cars UK for the picture.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Sounds like the UK-bound Dakar trucks have taken a detour to Frankfurt. At least they are not stuck in the desert.

Some more images of the Avant Slot / Resinas Maralic Fiat assistance van have been released and the news is the model is making good progress towards production...

[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post

Thank you for posting, Andy.
This reminds me of the 1984 Boucles de Spa that I visited with some friends.
In between the special stages, we saw Carlo Capone's service car approach us on its way to the next service park.
On its roof rack it carried the huge spare front- and rear bonnets of Capone's by West sponsored 037.
It was very impressive to see how many parts those vans carried.

Hub Thumbup

West sponsored Lancia 037 of European Rally Champion 1984 Carlo Capone.
[+] 2 members Like rallyhub's post

So is there a preference to have these service vehicles as working slotters rather than static 'background' vans?

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

Looks like they're intended to be working slot vans.

It depends on how far you like to go. 
Driving the service van on the special stages itself wouldn't be realistic, so you will need another track for your service vans??? 
...Sounds really complicated. I would prefer a static 'background' van.

rallyhub Thumbup
[+] 2 members Like rallyhub's post

The two Dakar trucks have arrived with retailers in the UK Thumbup

Next will be the Martini Racing Fiat 242 assistance vehicle and this image of the decoration has just been released...

There are also these stunning photographs of the master from Maralic Models...

A test mould and decorated sample shouldn't be too far away.
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

A couple of mine can be driven but diorama duty is really all I need.

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 3 members Like Scuderia_Turini's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by rallyhub
26th-Nov-23, 12:21 PM
Last Post by Mitch58
9th-Oct-22, 06:15 AM
Last Post by woodcote
21st-Jun-22, 12:51 PM