Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

The end is nigh

It's simple and it does the job,what could be better !!!!.
How's the feral cat ?

Steve

(27th-Jul-21, 09:20 PM)Fluff Wrote:  It's simple and it does the job,what could be better !!!!.
How's the feral cat ?

Steve

Indeed.

The cat has to move! He attacked our oldest this morning. We have three and only the youngest is able to give as good as he gets. I know some would find a permanent solution and we do have the means but I can't kill anything for just existing. It's not his fault. However, our attempts to deter him with a high powered hose have been unsuccessful so  I think a change of scene will have to be arranged.

Couldn't resist starting the extension although I can't cut the slots until I know where it's going. No doubt there will be a little adjustment on the spacing where it joins onto the main track. A couple of 3 metre straights to add to the fun.

The gap in the centre will be handy if I want to do any scenery like pits and the like. Probably put the timing somewhere there as well.
[+] 5 members Like Gordon Steadman's post

Yes dear ,I just happened to have this piece of timber laying around !!!!!

Come here cat , "let's take a ride " .

Steve
[+] 1 member Likes Fluff's post

The bit of timber I had lying around seems to have mated with the existing grey bit. There are some jobs that you think...."easy peasy"... and you are wrong Tappingfoot 

Awkward as hell as it happens but as I had already cut out the corner it seemed sensible to continue. It all fits now but I still have to fit the bolts that will hold it all together. Hopefully I can maintain a nice flat transition. Also have to fit the corner back so I can use it in both configurations.

[+] 4 members Like Gordon Steadman's post

Nice one Gordon. What do you use for power?

What started as a test track is now increasingly becoming a real slot track.
Well done. Please, keep the pictures coming.

Hub Thumbup

(5th-Aug-21, 03:43 PM)Anthony B Wrote:  Nice one Gordon. What do you use for power?

I have two supplies. One Chinese special and one a friend of mine built for me. Needless to say, the custom jobbie wipes the floor with the other one which kept blowing fuses. My friend is a electronics design engineer and he knows what he is doing. I'm running at 13.6 volts like proper slot cars should run on Cool
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post

(5th-Aug-21, 04:37 PM)rallyhub Wrote:  What started as a test track is now increasingly becoming a real slot track.
Well done. Please, keep the pictures coming.

Hub Thumbup

Yeah I know! All the best laid plans etc.....The fact is that I got bored just running around such a small track and, as we are still awaiting a start date for the builders to start knocking down walls, it's better than sitting playing computer games. Just routed the curves and one straight. One down, three to go.
[+] 2 members Like Gordon Steadman's post

In the last place you were putting up walls ,now your knocking them down !!!!
Good idea for a longer track though  Wrench

Steve