Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

The end is nigh

(6th-Aug-21, 12:54 PM)Fluff Wrote:  In the last place you were putting up walls ,now your knocking them down !!!!
Good idea for a longer track though  Wrench

Steve

The internal walls are all non original additions. The upstairs walls are all supported by the two huge beams that run across the house. At some stage, the downstairs was divided up into small spaces as fashion demanded separate dining rooms, lounge and kitchen etc. We are going to just open it all up and move the kitchen. That's if we can get a builder to commit to a time of course! I can do the floor tiles and plasterboarding but the knocking down and carting away building rubble are now beyond my tired old body.

Slots routed and a coat of paint on the extension.

[+] 6 members Like Gordon Steadman's post

It all came together very nicely, Gordon. Thumbup

(6th-Aug-21, 02:18 PM)rallyhub Wrote:  It all came together very nicely, Gordon. Thumbup

As the extension was all cobbled together from scrap bits, I'm hoping I've got the transitions smooth enough. Take it apart tomorrow and tape it so we will probably find out!
[+] 2 members Like Gordon Steadman's post

Are you going to use your artistic talents on the wall again ?.
Ah forgot ,that most probably won't be it's permanent home !!

good luck with the builders ,I get impatient when I have to wait to someone else to do something for me .

Steve

(7th-Aug-21, 06:11 AM)Fluff Wrote:  Are you going to use your artistic talents on the wall again ?.
Ah forgot ,that most probably won't be it's permanent home !!

good luck with the builders ,I get impatient when I have to wait to someone else to do something for me .

Steve

We finally have a time for the wall removal! December or January Tappingfoot  I suppose we should be pleased that he's so busy but patience is not our strong suit either.

Yup, the garage is temporary. I can just fit the car in with the track where it is but I don't fancy the winter much in there. Need to sort out an inside space before I do my Leonardo bit.

Do you know what frustration is?

[+] 4 members Like Gordon Steadman's post

I've ordered some more copper tape!

The track is up and running. Much more fun.

The cars get up enough speed to bridge the dead section but obviously they do slow rather. No great problem whilst it's just me but the one track will get rubbered in. It's taken a few laps to sweep all the dust off but the grip is coming back.

Still not as good as the old track but it will definitely do....during the summer anyway. Maybe I'll get the Airfix out during the winter!

I reckon I should pretty up that power supply.
[+] 5 members Like Gordon Steadman's post

And you could lengthen the fly over loop by 4 or 5 metres!!!!
December or January is a bit open ended ,but like saying this year or next year  Rofl

Steve

(7th-Aug-21, 05:57 PM)Fluff Wrote:  And you could lengthen the fly over loop by 4 or 5 metres!!!!
December or January is a bit open ended ,but like saying this year or next year  Rofl

Steve

Ha.

As you say, the dates are not exactly precise. Basically, it's internal demolition and he wants to fit it in when the weather is a bit chilly for working outside. Just hope he doesn't leave the doors open all the time. He does have to remove a huge amount of rubble though. Can't say I envy him the job.

(7th-Aug-21, 05:12 PM)Gordon Steadman Wrote:  The cars get up enough speed to bridge the dead section but obviously they do slow rather.

Gordon, maybe it feels more realistic if you would imagine that your cars are running rich. Bigsmile
Take care not dropping your cars on the floor during testing.
Fitting a safety barrier is maybe the best job to do now???

Hub Thumbup