Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WHO Winter Rally-Sprint Proxy 2021 REPORT

(7th-Feb-21, 10:52 AM)Top Down Wrote:  
Quote:This Class A podium doesn't feel very secure. Only a couple of seconds to others ready to take my place!

I don't think you have too much to worry about with a five* second lead and the Rally finishing on the off road stage that played havoc with so much of the competition! Sweating

(*Are we looking at different stats, as I see second place as five seconds behind and third thirteen seconds back?)

I'm in that gaggle squabbling over 3rd position. It won't take much off-road stuff to drop me down the standings!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

Ah! Don't know why as it clearly says Jeremy B in your post - but I thought you were Graham  Bigsmile
[+] 2 members Like Top Down's post

(7th-Feb-21, 11:26 AM)woodcote Wrote:  Both Graham and Oli have 'new' Scalextric models fitted with slightly longer guide blades. I wonder if they trimmed them down for the SCX Classic track?

The tension mounts!

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 2 members Like Scuderia_Turini's post

Thanks to all involved in organising and running this event - it's obviously a lot of work. As someone new to slot cars it's rekindled my childhood love of rally cars and with a little help from a FB group, set-up my own rally loop this weekend. I'll hopefully be sending in cars for future events!

[+] 9 members Like a_st74's post

(7th-Feb-21, 02:21 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  
(7th-Feb-21, 11:26 AM)woodcote Wrote:  Both Graham and Oli have 'new' Scalextric models fitted with slightly longer guide blades. I wonder if they trimmed them down for the SCX Classic track?

The tension mounts!

Leo

I've never even seen an SCX track. 
Reasonable estimates  become pure guesswork at this point  Sweating
Alan W
[+] 2 members Like Nonfractal's post

hehehe i had the exact same problem in the welsh rally 
the guides were too long and bottomed out on the shallower slot
deffo a lesson learnt lol ... especially when watching the footage ... it was painful .. and for the hosts also i think  Bigsmile
[+] 5 members Like OXO cube's post

It's Wednesday and we should be having our third weekly News Briefing... It'll be 24 hours late - after the HO proxy drag race has finished.

See you back here tomorrow at 5pm Thumbup

WHO Winter Rally-Sprint News Briefing 3 – Thursday 11 February 2021

This week’s round-up is a day late, due to a busy Wednesday of HO proxy drag racing in Brighton (see here).

We’re now three weeks into the Rally-Sprint and have completed five stages, with six more to run. Don't forget that you can find all the Stage reports, results and news briefings indexed in the opening post for easy navigation of this increasingly long thread! Now, let's look back to a action-packed Saturday of racing...

1. Stage 4: SouthDowns 1. Oli packed two stages into a day at the in-laws – making the most of their big lounge. He also experimented with a live stream on Facebook, which you can still catch here. The SlotRacer coverage starts here.

The class podiums for Stage 4 were…

Class A: 1. Graham Edwards, 2. Doug Passell, 3. Paul Cooper
Class B: 1. Oli Abbott, 2. Graham Edwards, 3. Andy & Rebecca
Class C: =1. Craig Jones & Sebastian Birchmore, 3. Ade Child

The full results for Stage 4 are here.

Although the stage was quick, a poor run for Alan W’s Renualt Mégane dropped him from first to fourth overall. Our new rally leader was Alan B. You can find the overall results after Stage 4 here.

2. Stage 5: SouthDowns 2. Oli ran the same stage in the afternoon, but with different results...

Class A: =1. Graham Edwards & Doug Passell, =3. Paul Cooper & Noah Passell
Class B: 1. Graham Edwards, 2. Oli Abbott, 3. Andy & Rebecca
Class C: 1. Graham Edwards, =2. Phil Field & Ade Child

The full results for Stage 5 are here.

Although Wye Valley’s Alan Birchmore remains in the overall lead, Alan Wilkinson is back on the podium - and the top seven cars are separated by less than seven seconds! Graham is top of Class A, with Oli Abbott hanging on to the lead in Class B. The overall results after Stage 5 can be found here. Results and overall standings for each stage are available as pdf files in each of the results / standings posts.

3. Bravo and a big thank you to Oli for getting his two stages in the bag – plus a very valuable experiment with live streaming. The cars will make a short trip to Jean’s this weekend ready for stages 6 and 7, which will take place in a couple of weeks time. We'll aim to confirm the remaining schedule next Wednesday.

4. More live coverage? Oli’s experiment was brilliant. Competitors could see their cars in action and the technology worked well with the format. It’s definitely something we’ll experiment will further before the end of the event.

5. EV Triathlon 2021 Proxy. There’s another proxy event happening in May with sign-up and coverage on SlotRacer Online. The event is a mix of rally stage, sprint and drag race - organised specifically for the Scalextric Jaguar I-Pace Electric Vehicles (EV). You have plenty of time to get an I-Pace and prepare it… so check out the format and regulations here.

That's it for now... Next week’s Rally-Sprint round-up will be back to Wednesday at 5pm UK time.
[+] 5 members Like woodcote's post

WHO Winter Rally-Sprint News Briefing 4 – Wednesday 17 February 2021

We’ve had another brief pause in the action, but Jean is gearing up for Stages 6 & 7 this weekend – and then we have a return to Brighton for the final leg of the event...

1. Rally-Sprint Standings. After the first five stages – more-or-less halfway – it remains ridiculously tight at the top. The Wye Valley Citroën C4s sit one and two – Alan Birchmore’s advantage over Phil Field a mere three quarters of a second...

Alan Wilkinson’s Renault Mégane is in third, three seconds off the lead – and Phil Barry’s SRC Porsche 914/6 GT is fifteen hundredths of a second further back. The top eight are covered by just eleven seconds, so there remains plenty to play for!

2. Martlets Rally Stage 1 & 2. The cars have completed their road transfer to Jean’s home in Worthing. He reports that everything is ready to go this weekend. Jean’s original plan was to run a massive Scalextric Sport stage – based on the layouts he built for his events last summer – and have Mike D do the driving…

Although lockdown restrictions have inevitably intervened, expect some high speed action on back-to-back stages this weekend. Coverage will be posted here on SlotRacer Online – keep an eye out for updates on Jean’s schedule.

3. Final leg in Brighton. Our task next week is to get the cars back to Brighton. If that is achieved successfully, we’ll be nicely on schedule. The plan is to run the Devil’s Dyke to Saddlecombe stages over two days – one in the afternoon and then a pre-dawn start the following day – hopefully with some live streaming. That’s planned for 27-28 February. The penultimate stage – a re-run of Stage 1 – will follow mid-week, with the final stage rounding off the Rally-Sprint at the weekend.

4. SlotRacer Online Proxy stickers. All you lucky Rally-Sprint entrants will be receiving a brand new SlotRacer Online Proxy sticker...

These have been produced to celebrate the lockdown resurgence of proxy racing and are available free to the organisers of any proxy slot car event that uses the SlotRacer forum for race build-up and coverage. There are five rather superb designs – a big thank you to Jason for doing these!

5. Prize cars. Here’s a preview of the second prize car kindly donated by Gaugemaster…

6. More proxy racing? We’re pretty certain the WHO Winter Rally-Sprint will become an annual proxy event – it has been a lot of fun! Our return to racing at the Barn is still rather up in the air, so there will be other proxy events in 2021 that the club will organise or support. Make sure you check the SlotRacer Proxy Racing section for updates.

Finally, don’t forget to tune in here at SlotRacer for all the coverage of this weekend’s action, plus there’ll be a weekly Rally-Sprint round-up next Wednesday at 5pm UK time.
[+] 7 members Like woodcote's post

A pre-dawn start to a stage...now that takes me back!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM