Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WHO Winter Rally-Sprint Proxy 2021 REPORT

Yay! Cars are all looking good! Really looking forward to my first proxy; thanks for sorting this out.  Good luck everyone!
[+] 3 members Like AdeC's post

A great variety of cars making for an amazing turnout - and superbly presented Andy  Yes

Thank you  Thumbup
[+] 3 members Like Top Down's post

Storm Christoph has subsided a little and we have a bright and breezy day on the south coast. The first action of the rally-sprint will take place this afternoon, working around coverage of the opening day of the real  Monte Carlo Rally.

Special Stage 1 - Falmer Rally-Cross

We move inland and into the South Down National Park for the first stage. Falmer is an ancient village between Brighton and Lewes - now site of the Brighton & Hove Albion football stadium and the campuses of Sussex and Brighton Universities. The A27 'south coast motorway' runs just to the north and the city of Brighton has spread to Falmer from the south.

The Falmer Rally Cross stage is built with Ninco track - a mix of standard and off-road pieces - and is a slight variation on the 'big' Ninco sets of the early 2000. It has R1, R2 and R3 curves and plenty of bone-shaking, teeth-rattling off-road track that will dislodge anything that isn't firmly in place! The layout wouldn't be out of place on the edge of the University of Sussex campus, which is forever encroaching into the South Downs.
[+] 5 members Like woodcote's post

Clockwise? How many times round? (Just wondering how long the cars can take it before bits fall off!)
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post

(21st-Jan-21, 10:04 AM)Top Down Wrote:  Clockwise? How many times round? (Just wondering how long the cars can take it before bits fall off!)

The more the better!!!  :)
[+] 1 member Likes Nonfractal's post

(21st-Jan-21, 10:04 AM)Top Down Wrote:  Clockwise? How many times round? (Just wondering how long the cars can take it before bits fall off!)

I'm going to win that race...the wing mirrors on my Peugeot stick out a mile!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

This first stage will be run clockwise - with a change of direction for the second visit at the end of next month. The lap length (both lanes) is 63 feet and each car will be timed over eight laps - sixteen times over the rough stuff.

The course car has run through the stage just now...

A second eight-lap run was completed in 102.8 seconds...

The SCX Fiat is a nice little car and goes well on the off-road surface - I suspect it is a 'slightly-better-than-average' runner, so times should be in the 85 to 120 second range.

The first two classes are getting lined up, ready to go...

There's a lot of excitement at Rally HQ Wrench
[+] 7 members Like woodcote's post

Woodcote

You might think the wind has abated, but I have climbed up an, admittedly, tall tree with my duffle coat tightly done up and my flask of soup to keep me warm to get a good vantage point for the stage...and this tree is still swaying in the breeze!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

We will be mixing-up the running order as the event progresses, but Stage 1 started with the Class B cars - and Clive's Delta S4 was the first away...

The nine Class B cars were all through the stage in just over half an hour. These were the times...

1. Andy Player / Rebecca Shtasel - Ford RS200 #34 - 109.3 seconds*
2. Paul Cooper - Ford RS200 #5 - 114.5 seconds
3. Clive Mills - Lancia Delta S4 #7 - 118.1 seconds
4. Oli Abbott - Audi Sport Quattro #12 - 121.4 seconds
5. Leo Capaldi - Ford RS200 #11 - 121.5 seconds
6. Graham Edwards - Audi Sport Quattro #12 - 122.0 seconds
7. Doug Passell / Noah Passell - Audi Sport Quattro #1 - 124.9 seconds
8. Andy Davis - Lancia Stratos #6 - 125.7 seconds
9. David Passell / Dylan Passell - MG Metro 6R4 #8 - 135.2 seconds

*hosts will be given the median time (for the class) on stages they are driving. So Andy & Rebecca get Leo's 121.5 seconds in the overall standings.

As I suspected, the Scalextric DPR cars really didn't like the Ninco Off-Road track surface! Thankfully, there are only two stages featuring the rough stuff.

The Scalextric WRC cars will follow after we've watched the first stage of the Monte Carlo Rally on TV.
[+] 5 members Like woodcote's post

(21st-Jan-21, 09:48 AM)woodcote Wrote:  Storm Christoph has subsided a little and we have a bright and breezy day on the south coast. The first action of the rally-sprint will take place this afternoon, working around coverage of the opening day of the real  Monte Carlo Rally.
Out of curiosity, where is the coverage of the Monte Carlo Rally being shown?
[+] 1 member Likes AdeC's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by tatter06
22nd-Oct-21, 10:32 PM
Last Post by rallyhub
31st-Aug-21, 12:10 PM
Last Post by Cgyracer
1st-Jul-21, 04:36 PM