Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Carrera Digital WiFi Controller UK Based

Good day to you all, I am trying to get hold of an extra Carrera wifi hand controller for the digital set but not having any luck. 

Any recommendations? Would buying the complete set containing 2 controllers (red and yellow) and the charger station work with the two which came with the set I bought (also red and yellow) work?

I am based in the UK so would prefer a UK supplier if possible

Thanks
[+] 1 member Likes DTM2020's post

Buying Carrera Digital accessories in the UK isn't that easy. There certainly aren't many bargains as Carrera is a really niche product in a market dominated by Scalextric. Carrera retailers can order anything for you from the Carrera catalogue on 'special order' via the UK distributor, but you don't always see much in stock.

I have a Carrera Digital DTM set, which I bought new from Germany. I have also bought two extra DTM cars and various accessories from Germany - plus a few second-hand buys from UK sellers on eBay. What you'll find from German retailers are unboxed accessories and cars split from sets. You can save a bit, although Carrera is still an expensive option. Even at £175, the 10109 set with two controllers and charger base isn't ridiculous. I can only find it in stock at Jadlams in the UK.

You can use up to six of the wireless controllers - or a combination of wireless and wired digital controllers - with the Carrera D132/124 Control Unit, as explained here...

An option - if you refer more traditional 'trigger' controllers - are the UK-made Truspeed Carrera-D VI controllers here. These are a high-quality plug-in replacement for the original Carrera Digital wired controllers. They are on my shopping list... The plan was for us to have some Carrera DTM fun last summer - but Covid got in the way!
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

(14th-Jan-21, 08:11 PM)woodcote Wrote:  I have a Carrera Digital DTM set, which I bought new from Germany. I have also bought two extra DTM cars and various accessories from Germany - plus a few second-hand buys from UK sellers on eBay. What you'll find from German retailers are unboxed accessories and cars split from sets. You can save a bit, although Carrera is still an expensive option. Even at £175, the 10109 set with two controllers and charger base isn't ridiculous. I can only find it in stock at Jadlams in the UK.

Thanks for the reply, I bought my DTM set from Jadlams through ebay at Christmas so got the box set and the extra track, really glad I did too, as you say, nothing Carrera related is cheap here in the UK. I also bought 2 new cars direct from Carrera in Germany and was delighted with the free shipping they gave me and only 5 days to arrive too.

Have you any experience with buying from Slotcar-union? They sell on ebay but I think they are based in France. They are offering the 10109 set for £102.0 + £12.0 shipping and they also have the connect app too (which I am keen on buying)

I like the look of the controller you have linked, just wish it was wireless and then it would be a definite buy for me. I only race with my daughter and wife so I am the one usually picking up and replacing the cars back on the track so having the wireless controller is really handy.

Thanks
[+] 2 members Like DTM2020's post

I've ordered from Slot Car Union twice - and my experience was excellent both times. They are in the south of France, near Nice.

My set has the AppConnect as I wanted to go down that route rather than all the cool but expensive hardware options. Have a look at the SmartRacer app (www.smartrace.de), although you'll need the Carrera app for firmware updates.

Have fun Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Andyroo
20th-Oct-23, 12:42 PM
Last Post by psuskeet
31st-Jan-23, 01:26 AM
Last Post by Gordon Steadman
26th-Aug-22, 05:05 PM
Last Post by CMOTD
10th-Jun-22, 10:03 AM