Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HO Drag Proxy 12-13 January 2021 RACE REPORT

The third of our five-date Winter Series is coming up fast! This one is NHRA-themed - featuring Micro Scalextric Street Stock, Micro Scalextric Super Stock 6.0, NHRA 4-Gear Funny Car & Pro Stock - and some NHRA Auto World Top Fuel match-racing. Qualifying is on Tuesday 12 January, racing on Wednesday 13 January and all the coverage is right here on SlotRacer Online.

The full regulations and format are in the Winter Series Preview thread here.

The Track: The Rock County Eighth Mile is a seven-foot timed strip (1/8 mile in true HO scale) made from the new 2019 Micro Scalextric sectional track. Cars must be fitted with braids to run on this track. Power for the first event is 12 volts, 4 amps per lane. Power to both lanes is triggered by a single switch firing a 2-channel relay board. Timing is Trackmate Drag Basic. There is a two-foot shutdown with dynamic braking and a well-padded catch box.

Sending cars: Aim for your cars to arrive in Brighton by the previous Saturday so they can be quarantined and then registered for qualifying on Tuesday. Please also pack in a small box (max height 7.5cm if possible) and pay for your postage online so no-one needs to go near a post office. These races are designed to be full-on social distancing events that are accessible to everyone in these difficult times and can continue during local or national lockdowns.

How to enter: Add a reply with your interest and the classes you'll be entering - one car per class per person. Family members and friends are very welcome to enter too. I will message you with the address to send cars to. You will need to pay for return postage. Otherwise there is no race fee.

Entries Race #8 - 12-13 January 2021

Micro Scalextric Street Stock: Clive, Iain, Dave, Hank, Al, Bill, Rebecca, Andy, Jeremy, Jane, Pete, Sue, Jerome, Alan, Laura, Jeff, Doug, David, Dylan, Noah (20)

Micro Scalextric Super Stock 6.0: Jane, Jeremy, Rebecca, Andy Pl, Hank, Al, Dave, Iain, Andy Ph, Bill, Clive, Alan (12)

NHRA 4-Gear Funny Car & Pro Stock: Doug, David, Rebecca, Andy, Iain, Jerome / Pete, Clive, Alan (8)

NHRA Top Fuel match-racing: Noah, Dylan, Rebecca, Andy, Clive, Alan (3 x 2)
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Two entries for Super Stock 6.0 coming your way shortly, and if I don't concentrate, a rally car as well by mistake!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BourneAgainRacer's post

Don’t forget those Street Stock cars!

How could I...Jane would be very cross!

Have I missed the December issue of South Coast HO Dragster?

[+] 1 member Likes BourneAgainRacer's post

Cars went in the post today. No major updates but some experimental front wheels and tyres on Hot Mustard and down sized the magnets on the 4 gear funny car, I think the Dash Killer Bees are too much for the 16 ohm arm at 12v.
[+] 2 members Like Pondiless's post

Cars in the post.

A new motor in one; have left the others alone.

[+] 2 members Like BourneAgainRacer's post

Boxes have arrived from Clive, Jeremy & Jane and Alan  Thumbup

Our local Royal Mail sorting & delivery office had 47 staff call in sick on Monday, so there is a small on-going backlog of a day or two. For those of you yet to post, please bear that in mind...

I will, of course, be as flexible as possible next week, but we're very much back to strict 72 hour quarantining. If things are tight, please let me know when you posted your cars - time in the post can count towards those 72 hours...

I have just remembered I never finished last months fanzine! I will get that published (and #8 started) over the weekend. I think the strip is going to need some serious warming up too.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Cars just posted. 

Motor in the JAGS car doused with contact cleaner. Hopefully this will restore performance. 
Failing that, newly painted purple wheels are bound to help!

Iain
[+] 3 members Like 935 fan's post

Everyone's car have arrived, apart from Pete, Sue and Jerome's. Pete (or Sue) usually drops them round, but with lockdown changing things, fingers-crossed they are delivered tomorrow. Otherwise, we are ready to roll!
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Those car did arrive  Thumbup

We have a nice full paddock...

Let's introduce the runners and riders...

Rebecca and Andy line up as usual for an NHRA-themed event (plus a Top Fueler each for match-racing)...

I didn't get enough close-ups of Iain's Super Stock in November, so here it is - together with a new Funny Car in the background...

Jane and Jeremy are ready for action in both Micro Scalextric classes...

Alan's NHRA trio (plus a Top Fueler) is joined by Laura's Street Stock DBR9...

And Clive has a new Super Stock Nissan...

[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post