Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thunderslot - new McLarens!

Ken, I prefer unusual liveries. This one is the Elva entered in the 1965 L.A. Times Grand Prix at Riverside by John Coombs for Graham Hill.

[+] 1 member Likes mickey thumbs's post

(15th-Jan-21, 03:28 AM)KensRedZed Wrote:  Hello DPJ.

Judge for yourself. The Revell/Monogram Surtees Lola T70 mk2 beside it is very a well known car and size.

I ended up buying the body kit. My only complaint is that I was making the Elvis livery when I heard they are making that exact car. I am not one to do a "me too" type car. But I look forward to building the car with a scratch chassis. The body weighs...nothing!

I'm now confused... The gold unfinished body is the Thunderslot, and it's smaller than the other. So what's all this chatter about them being larger? That's why I say a picture is worth a 1K words! And if you don't have a pic it didn't happen!!
Thanks for sharing and setting the record straight.

Hello again DPJ,

I think the arguement stems from the point that the real Elva was a much smaller car than many of it's counterparts. Thunderslot may have slightly increased it's length. But the width stands out for obvious performance reasons. They do that with their other models too.

Just go out and buy one and have fun.  Thumbup

Skip the debate and admire the car for what it is.   Checkeredflag
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by woodcote
17th-Jan-20, 06:02 PM