Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cars bought by members in 2021

Today the post woman delivered two Fly slot cars:

Hub Thumbup

Lancia 037 driven by Jean-Claude Andruet, sixth overall Tour de Corse 1984.     Renault 5 Turbo driven by Alain Serpaggi, winner Rallye Lozere 1985 in France.
[+] 5 members Like rallyhub's post

I went to a slot car show. Did I need this car? Nope. But it looked too nice to pass up. In the bag it went.

Pioneer 1967-Camaro.

[+] 7 members Like KensRedZed's post

Nice find. I haven’t seen one of those for a long time.

Jules

(15th-Sep-21, 06:07 PM)Johnno Wrote:  Revoslot Porsche Blue Coral
[Image: JRLIpUl.jpg]

I got to see this Revo Porsche yesterday on Shenanigans Raceway, a fresh new car that Paul bought. This is a gorgeous livery indeed.

With a price increase  Angry  throwing another $5 onto the car we would have like to see some upgraded components rather than an increase for nothing just so the manufacturers, distributors and retailers can make more money for nothing.

Take a look at all the high priced cars, the high priced controllers and other tools and consumables of this industry and you could easily hit the $2,000 to $4,000 dollars in the smaller groups, when you take the larger groups into consideration there could be as much as $10,000 in the pit area.

I'd made a decision a few months back now to wind back on buying cars, with the price gouging that has started, 
and increased price points have now forced me to immediately stop all further car purchases, included all pre-orders.

Here are a lot of hard core dedicated slotters passing along tens of thousands of dollars helping this industry to thrive to end up just being shafted by greed. I thought I'd never see this happen in this industry, sadly it has. 

How can online businesses justify these increases when they don't operate bricks and mortar stores? These online stores shouldn't need to raise their prices like real bricks and mortar stores that have overheads that online stores don't.

This Gouged Greed, leaves me pondering what will become of this industry in attracting new people into this industry, who more than likely will decide that they can't justify the price levels now and move onto other hobbies and industry sectors.

Disheartened  Angry  and dejected  Tappingfoot  

John, there is no doubt that material and labour costs are shooting up right now. Broadly speaking they are up 20%. The full impact of this has yet to properly filter down the supply chain. 

Molded plastic has been cheap for many years. Some of the increases over the last few months have caught me out. It’s worrying.

Jules
[+] 2 members Like Pioneer's post

(26th-Oct-21, 09:13 AM)Pioneer Wrote:  
(15th-Sep-21, 06:07 PM)Johnno Wrote:  Revoslot Porsche Blue Coral

snip

With a price increase  Angry  throwing another $5 onto the car we would have like to see some upgraded components rather than an increase for nothing just so the manufacturers, distributors and retailers can make more money for nothing.

snip

John, there is no doubt that material and labour costs are shooting up right now. Broadly speaking they are up 20%. The full impact of this has yet to properly filter down the supply chain. 

Molded plastic has been cheap for many years. Some of the increases over the last few months have caught me out. It’s worrying.

Jules

edit
for my OP above, it is more specifically the couriers and shipping companies the actual cause for these increases, only found out recently having had the need to deal with FedEx, USPS, Aus. Post and StarTrack no wonder why there's an increase the paperwork has seen a significant increase, compliance changes along with trying to claw back the millions lost first time round lockdown, then we add on all the people working from home increasing the load to the point where systems where at or above capacity.

Been a while since I've posted new cars, it's been some time, I've actually been increasing my spare parts items.

NSR Mosler EVO3 Repsol Racing Blue No. 11 NSR0211AW 

Sideways SWCAR01H LB-H GT3 Orange Die Cast Grasser Racing #63 

Slot.it Alfa Romeo 333 Pocono 2011 No. 5 CA11M 

Slot.it-McLaren-M8E

Johnno

[+] 2 members Like Johnno's post

Been on a buying streak lately...
[Image: 1Kp06As.jpg]
[Image: w7pshr7.jpg]
[Image: RFbq977.jpg]
[Image: KBcHC7k.jpg]
[Image: GJEt9R9.jpg]
[Image: w2CWZug.jpg]
[Image: vwzO1Bs.jpg]
[Image: gcl4DZN.jpg]
[Image: 0iJlm99.jpg]
[Image: gk8ZEzD.jpg]
[Image: KVqo42g.jpg]
[Image: GwphryN.jpg]
[Image: TYWGHMU.jpg]
[+] 11 members Like fotodoug2's post

Well, someone's got to follow that...

Purchased this very afternoon from Osborne's Toy & Model Shop in Rushden High Street!

Remember how it used to work? You know you want to buy something, so you go in a shop, see what they have got, buy something and take it home with you.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 5 members Like BARacer's post

And as seen by results sheets everywhere, my weapon of choice for any DTM/ITC series needs to be this rather than the Alfa 155... 

I love puttering with gears
[+] 3 members Like BARacer's post

As usual with rally cars, I partly blame Hub for this purchase - it features  on his lovely Dutch Trio track. I've been looking for one of these at a sensible price for a while - Phil Smith obliged and no-one else snapped it up before payday.
[+] 7 members Like woodcote's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BARacer
17th-Mar-24, 01:18 PM
Last Post by Top Down
21st-Jan-24, 04:13 PM
Last Post by munter
30th-Apr-23, 12:16 AM
Last Post by Qman
15th-Mar-23, 05:39 PM
Last Post by Kevan