Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Autonomous Carrera 124

I have a Carrera 124 Porsche I had set as an autonomous car a couple of times.
Now I can't get it to release and it runs at top speed?
Any suggestions?

Hi Greg,

I hate to see a question go unanswered. But I know nothing about digital cars. I race on analogue tracks.

Can you please explain how you set a car to run autonomously?

You may end up eventually answering your own question by doing so.  Checkeredflag

There is a series of steps through the control unit and the controller to follow for all the settings.
I've tried every combination multiple times with no success.

Is there a way to reset to default? Unplug and reboot? A memory battery somewhere that's either dead, or holding an error memory you don't want?

I hate to ask. But do the instructions talk about a reset?

Can you Google the entire question? or ask the manufacturer direct via email?

Just asking...

i think all you have to do is think of the car as a new car ,put it on the track and pair it to a controller as a ordinary race car ,by pressing the code button the right amount of times .once ?
[+] 1 member Likes crustypop's post

I have tried a "reset" to no avail. Unplugged and tried to reprogram the car.
I have contacted the people I purchased the set from and they replied they would be in touch.

Greg - hopefully you get an answer from the retailer.

This is the best video to explain programming a ghost car with the Carrera Digital Control Unit...

However, you seem to be saying that the car is full power the moment you put it on the track? That sounds like the car could either be in analogue mode or the chip has been damaged. Have a play with the switch underneath the car to see if it's the former...

There are more useful videos on YouTube that Carrera of America have produced: https://www.youtube.com/user/CarreraUSA/videos