Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Goodwood/Targa Florio (update)

Hi All

Having had my layout now for a couple of years and looking for some projects as the days get shorter, I decided to start modifying the Goodwood section.
When I started the build for Goodwood I used GP Miniature flat pack kits. These reminded me of the original Scalextric versions I had in the 60s and so was very nostalgic. Also, they provided instant atmosphere to my track. But being flat pack, after some time, I felt I wanted to embellish the features to create a more realistic building.

With the grandstands I glued some old sheet material on top of dowels to give an illusion of tarpaulin, I overlayed the picket fence with real painted wood and capped other areas to neaten up. I did the same with the first aid hut with additional window sills.

For the Ferodo pit buildings I cut up card to make roof tiles, panelled the front and added some industrial brickwork effect and remade the stairs.
In the Targa Florio section I've added some festival lights for the main street and a lamp post and vintage petrol pumps at the rear.

The Dunlop bridge will be next to get a makeover, along with the pit lane buildings and the lap recording hut.
In addition, I would like to illuminate the petrol pumps and more of the buildings in the pits area.

Before and after photos should hopefully be in order.

So that should be the next few weeks sorted!
MiniArt are still coming up with creative ideas, latest additions being the Italian vintage petrol pumps, a couple of welders and some PIGEONS!

Shame this years Slot Car Festival at Gaydon was cancelled, hopefully will be ok for 2021.

Keep safe

Graham

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 4 members Like GT Sprite's post

Fabulous!!!! Thumbup

Absolutely fantastic!  Track has so many aspects that make it look alive, I keep seeing more and more things as I look through the pictures.  Great work!

Stunning

I love puttering with gears

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GT Sprite
27th-Jan-20, 09:16 PM