Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Info Victory Industries Products (VIP)

Hi everyone,
Sorry if I'm crashing this post/forum, I have recently inherited a substantial amount of victory industries vehicles/sets as it turns out my great grandfather was captain W.J.Warren who started the company. If anybody could advise me of where the best place to get more information would be it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Chris

Welcome. Wavegreen

What sort of information are you seeking?

Hi Wavegreen 
I'm not too sure really as I knew nothing about the collection or family connection until this week. I suppose I'm probably trying to find what theyre worth and the interest out there as to me I would love to keep a few but the others would just collect dust. When I say a substantial collection I have probably over 200 pieces of all different conditions.
Thanks
Chris

About ten or twelve years ago I bought Malcolm Parker's VIP collection, this was not just the slot cars but everything VIP had made, I would assume this is not just slot cars?
Malcolm had a "History of VIP" web site which was in danger of being lost, this is saved at https://www.philsmith.co.uk/VIP/index.htm

Contact me if you need any further info, I can give an idea on values and would always be interested in buying anything you did not want to keep.

Phil

Obviously I need to sort through them but here is a picture of roughly what I have, i think I have atleast 1 and in many cases more of each that is in the list of produced vehicles in that list(some in bad condition)
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Easier to see what's there round this way.

[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post

Thanks, would hate to be the cause of someone's neck ache!

I love hearing about VIP, I was very lucky as a child, I was bought not only a VIP set but also a Revell, a Playcraft motorway and a Scalextric.
In my opinion the VIP cars were best, but I loved the Playcraft, driving trucks around as well.

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen

I received my VIP set for Xmas 1962..........my father bought it at the London toy fair in 1962,  and brought it back to Canada.

While the track/controllers are long gone, I still have my original cars..........they have had several sets of braid, motor brushes, and tyres, but, they still run like new.....(which was very smooth and quiet, but, not the quickest)

While I have repainted/redecaled most everything else, these have been left as original,....including the paper roundels/numbers.

[Image: 2013-02-16-23-09-13.jpg]

And a very rare bird indeed........the mythical "straightnose" sharknose Ferrari 156.

This one had new paper decals applied several years ago.

[Image: 2013-02-16-23-09-14-1-copy.jpg]
[+] 2 members Like chrisguyw's post

Very nice, I can only assume that this seems to be a known issue with the ferrari? I have several and most have the 'sharknose issue', even the one sealed belowed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)