Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SRC Toyota TS 050 LMP 1

Wanted to put this up - still in planning stage but will be fantastic when it arrives. No dates as yet

TOYOTA GAZOO Racing. SLOT CAR TOYOTA TS050 LMP1. SRC 2.0 EVO.
 2019 LE MANS WINNER
Drivers:
Sebastien Buemi
Kazuki Nakajima
Fernando Alonso

1:1 Car

On 24 March 2016, Toyota publicly unveiled the TS050, ahead of the WEC Prologue, at the Circuit Paul Ricard. Compared to the previous car, the Toyota TS040 Hybrid, the car features a number of changes, with the naturally-aspirated 3.7-liter V8 engine being dropped, and replaced by a new 2.4L Twin-turbocharged V6 engine. In addition to this, the Capacitor Hybrid energy storage system has been dropped, and replaced with a new Lithium-ion battery, with the car now moving to the 8 Megajoule sub-class in LMP1-Hybrid. Initial photographs revealed that the car utilized a suspension concept appearing similar to that previously used in the TS040, a double wishbone arrangement with pushrod actuated internal components paired with Torsion bars. Compared to the TS040, the nose was also raised, a trait shared with its rivals, the Audi R18, and the Porsche 919 Hybrid, which allowed for a large opening beneath the nose, and for elements to be placed to tune the airflow.

SRC Model:

Testing and setting up with printing first runs

The first run at colouring and decal set up.

As we receive more news - will keep this thread updated.
[+] 3 members Like abie321's post

Yes, this was certainly a bolt from the blue for SRC - a departure from the classic rally and F1 cars I'd expect. I am excited, but also a little nervous.

As a Spanish company, I'm guessing the inspiration is Fernando Alonso's Le Mans back-to-back wins in 2018 and 2019 - the second prong of his quest to equal Graham Hill's Triple Crown of Monaco GP, Indianapolis 500 and Le Mans 24 hours.

The version of the car raced by Alonso looked quite different - especially at the front - from the original 2016 TS050...

And 2018-19...

I've seen pictures on social media of the SRC team inspecting the actual Alonso car. However, I am nervous they get the right car and do a good job - it is so rare to see an up-to-date LMP1 slot car produced, especially one as important as the TS050. Those first 3D-printed runs don't quite do it for me - certainly more 2016 than 2018.  I am also interested to see what they do with the dimensions. Modern LMP regs give a scale width of 59mm (which Scalextric respected with their Ginetta G60-LT-P1), but most LMP racing slot cars have a rear track  of 64mm. Will SRC go true 1/32 scale - or produce a stretched Toyota that competes on the track with other brand's modern LMP cars? I will be following progress with great interest.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Someone who works closely with SRC told me that there have been a lot of changes there which should result in better quality control and new chassis designs which will handle better with the aim of competing with the likes of Slotit.
If this all works out it will be good to have another manufacturer producing good quality slot cars that work well straight out of the box without needing magnets.
[+] 3 members Like autoavia's post

When I attended the 2014 Nuremburg fair, the 2 Manufacturers that were friendly, forth coming with info and generally helpful all round were Slot.it and SRC

I truly wish them every success they produce great bodies and with a bit of work overall decent cars.
[+] 1 member Likes abie321's post

Definetly on my buying list, join our (Rockingham) DiSCA TS050 fleet in production

The news that a second slot manufacturer dares to produce a modern LMP is very good news indeed.
With RTR slot cars from SRC, Slot.it and Scalexctric the possibilities of creating a full 2017 LMP grid have risen from nought to 80%...
With "only" the ByKolles, Dallara and Ligier to make it a 100%  Bigsmile

But the best news is the development of constructive communication and feedback between manufacturers and the slot community.
Don't want to hi-jack this topic, so I'll post more news about what that can lead to in an other topic  Wavegreen

Wishing SRC all the best in producing what undoubtedly will become a fine Slotcar....definately on my buying list as well.

With kind regards
Tamar
[+] 2 members Like Tamar's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by abie321
28th-May-19, 07:30 PM